PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How reliable is SPB Backup? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114693)

chronster 03-18-2010 05:07 PM

How reliable is SPB Backup?

If I do a full backup, then flash the same exact rom with a different pagepool size, then do a full restore, what are the odds of my phone being a little "off" and acting screwy?

jerryyyyy 03-18-2010 05:43 PM

Re: How reliable is SPB Backup?

I would guess pretty good as I dropped using it. I have this and Sprite and use Sprite. I recall I had a series of issues and gave up.

chronster 03-18-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryyyyy (Post 1639440)
I would guess pretty good as I dropped using it. I have this and Sprite and use Sprite. I recall I had a series of issues and gave up.

What sort of issues?

Adrianh85 03-18-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 1639450)
What sort of issues?

i havent had many issues with it at all!! the only one i can think of is manila 2.5 favorite people tab`s ordering gets sometimes missed up but thats not even serious!!

HTC_TP 03-18-2010 06:23 PM

I haven't run into any major issues using SPB Backup, in fact I use for daily backups without incident. I have used it for restoring back to the same ROM without any problem. I have not modified my pagepool size between restores, so I can't specifically speak to that.

HBOOT 03-18-2010 06:28 PM

I use all 3 back ups: Spb,Sprite and Resco and none failed me. I prefer Resco due to its speed. U ll be ok. Just back the friggin back up too:mrgreen: lol

viwizard 03-18-2010 07:29 PM

Used Sprite, Spb, Resco, of all SK tools was the only one that restored without errors.

PropagandaX 03-18-2010 08:02 PM

I use SPB backup to make a backup file of my email so I can restore quickly after I flash a rom. The best part is you can make a standalone exeutable file using the trial version and just keep it on your sd card. No need to install the program. I then use myphone to do my automatic daily syncing everything else. Unfortunatelly if you use exchange it does not back up those settings, also if you sync your calendar with exchange myphone will not let you sync the calendar that account.

jmorton10 03-18-2010 08:22 PM

I have SPB, Resco & Sprite.

All do basically the same thing, but for some reason Sprite started to fail every single time I ran it in my TP2 running WM6.5.

After Sprite failed on two completely different ROMs, I said the heck with it & just use SPB now. I have done probably 100 restores with SPB & it has never failed me once although I would have said the same thing about Sprite until just recently.
~John