PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint Touch Pro 2 7.1 upgrade????? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114638)

hyattdriver 03-18-2010 08:25 AM

Sprint Touch Pro 2 7.1 upgrade?????

Ok guys and gals, I just wanted to let everyone know how dumb some of the tech support are over at Sprint. I called Sprint yesterday to try and confirm the 6.5 update that is supposed to happen tomorrow the 19th. When I was talking to the tech support the rep told me that Sprint had this meeting earlier in the day to talk about the upgrade and here is what the rep said. "Sprint is not going to be giving the 6.5 upgrade to the Touch Pro 2, Sprint is going to skip over that upgrade and in the second half of this year they will upgrade the TP2 to Window Phone 7.1"........WOW I said, do you know what your talking about? There is no such thing as 7.1, the rep didn't like that remark.... I proceded to tell the rep that there is no phone on this planet right now with "any" carrier that will be upgraded to the window phone 7... the rep laughed at me and insisted it was true and told me that they couldn't wait till the second half of the year to prove me wrong. So I said thanks and called back 3 seconds later and got another rep and they told me that 6.5 is scheduled for the 19th. Either the first rep is on drugs, sleeps during the meetings or someone is playing a joke with them giving them wrong info deliberately. ](*,)=D> Any thoughts??

drewcam888 03-18-2010 08:37 AM

Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 7.1 upgrade?????

No CS reps know anything. I never believe what they say

CoryNat 03-18-2010 08:42 AM

Never a dull moment with some of those folks. I feel sorry for the ones I sometimes get who really seem to know their stuff. The others give the entire bunch a bad rep.

00_MACKIE_00 03-18-2010 08:45 AM

LOL this is some funny stuff

c0011j 03-18-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyattdriver (Post 1638162)
Ok guys and gals, I just wanted to let everyone know how dumb some of the tech support are over at Sprint. I called Sprint yesterday to try and confirm the 6.5 update that is supposed to happen tomorrow the 19th. When I was talking to the tech support the rep told me that Sprint had this meeting earlier in the day to talk about the upgrade and here is what the rep said. "Sprint is not going to be giving the 6.5 upgrade to the Touch Pro 2, Sprint is going to skip over that upgrade and in the second half of this year they will upgrade the TP2 to Window Phone 7.1"........WOW I said, do you know what your talking about? There is no such thing as 7.1, the rep didn't like that remark.... I proceded to tell the rep that there is no phone on this planet right now with "any" carrier that will be upgraded to the window phone 7... the rep laughed at me and insisted it was true and told me that they couldn't wait till the second half of the year to prove me wrong. So I said thanks and called back 3 seconds later and got another rep and they told me that 6.5 is scheduled for the 19th. Either the first rep is on drugs, sleeps during the meetings or someone is playing a joke with them giving them wrong info deliberately. ](*,)=D> Any thoughts??

How smart are you? I mean.. these forums have been blasted the last couple days saying this Friday the update is coming out.. .there have been internal memos...

But yet you call to confirm? lol Why? What's the point? So you could come on the forums and make a thread that has been beating dead? Serious...

Clipp 03-18-2010 09:27 AM

haha, i never call sprint anymore... everything through ecare as they seem to research more since we can hold onto their written word.

c0011j 03-18-2010 09:34 AM

And the first line reps still do not have any official information on 6.5 (sad I know) so anyone you speak with should not have anything officially to say.

Yay 4 Juggs 03-18-2010 09:43 AM

ok so which of the 4 buttons on the front of the phone is going to be rendered useless along with the entire device itself when windows "7.1" is flashed? WOW what friggin idiots...sad part is they probably reproduce...amongst themselves which makes it even worse...I thought calls were monitored for for quality control and training purposes...yeah i can see how well that's going over...like a fart in church i would assume.

ajac 03-18-2010 09:45 AM

lock thread close thread and ban this guy.. why? becasue smell some major bs

Yay 4 Juggs 03-18-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajac (Post 1638286)
lock thread close thread and ban this guy.. why? becasue smell some major bs

so you want to close a would be entertaining experience thread created by a user who wanted to share with us and then ban him? are you new? they dont ban people for sharing experiences...they ban them for sharing opinions...duh!