PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   how do i facebook pics to contacts all at once (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114042)

Kcy99 03-13-2010 06:26 PM

how do i facebook pics to contacts all at once

hi guys, i'm sorry if this had been asked before, but i'm really new to the phone. i'm currently on sprint network using the sbp mobile shell 3.5 and i have facebook v1.1.0.17. i was wondering if there was a faster way to sync all facebook pictures to my contact all at once? i remember my blackberry did it, but i'm not sure if the tp2 is able to. i know i can do it one at a time and link the contact to their fb page, but i have over 300 contacts. that would take forever!

oh yea, i was just on my fb app to check the version i was using, and it wasnt up to date, even when i hit refresh. it would show statuses from last wednesday. any ideas?

thanks in advance!

daddymikey1975 03-13-2010 06:30 PM

Re: how do i facebook pics to contacts all at once

do a PIM Backup. Then delete all your contacts.. THEN on your slider, go to settings -> Data Services. Then enter your login info for facebook. THEN import your contacts.. Your contacts should sync up with Facebook automatically.

I hope this helps

kaos 03-13-2010 08:09 PM

you know idk why but mine seems to always sync it self. i do i contact after a flash and all my other fix them self.

Kcy99 03-13-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 (Post 1628114)
do a PIM Backup. Then delete all your contacts.. THEN on your slider, go to settings -> Data Services. Then enter your login info for facebook. THEN import your contacts.. Your contacts should sync up with Facebook automatically.

I hope this helps

ok heres a couple questions, where is data services? whats slider? lol i'm sry i'm very new to this! and how do i delete all my contacts? should i jsut delete my pim.vol file?

pmeunier 03-13-2010 08:31 PM

I log into facebook by clicking on "Me" in my contacts then from the home screen scroll over to "People-All People" then click the 3rd icon over (the one that looks like it has a clock near the guys head) and the list populates itself (except the people I only have first names in the address book those I have to do manually) but it takes care of the majority of them

Kcy99 03-13-2010 09:12 PM

i think it's not syncing because all my contact #s are labeled in "work" and not "mobile".
right?

pmeunier 03-13-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcy99 (Post 1628443)
i think it's not syncing because all my contact #s are labeled in "work" and not "mobile".
right?

Nah I don't think thats the problem because some of my friends don't have mobile numbers but there info comes up.