PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sim Issues (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113949)

ttlycnfuzd 03-12-2010 10:25 PM

Sim Issues

OK... so I called Verizon, got my phone sim unlocked... all is good - right? Nope.... went to best buy, bought a prepaid phone, activated it... blah blah... Put the sim in the TP2, and it acts like there isn't one in there. HMM... put the Vodaphone one in - sim recognized. Put att card in - nothing.

Am I missing something? :scratch:

edit: I should also add that im not even getting a sim error. just plain n simply like no sim card installed

sprintgirl 03-12-2010 11:00 PM

Re: Sim Issues

not that i know much about unlocked phones and sims but are you on vzw stock rom? may affect it...doesnt att have a version of the tp2? and why would you unlock it to go from a 3g carrier to a 2g carrier...? if you notice in att commercials it says 3g not available in all areas.

Mojary 03-12-2010 11:19 PM

did you switch your phone to GSM mode?

ttlycnfuzd 03-12-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprintgirl (Post 1626577)
not that i know much about unlocked phones and sims but are you on vzw stock rom? may affect it...doesnt att have a version of the tp2? and why would you unlock it to go from a 3g carrier to a 2g carrier...? if you notice in att commercials it says 3g not available in all areas.

Being VZW stoc rom shouldn't have anything to do with it at all.... Basically, by adding a sim card to a VZW phone, you- in affect- can have the best of both radios in your phone, as well as have two seperate numbers. (no you cant have both numbers ring at the same time... depends on which mode you are in) But im not even getting 2G... so.....

ttlycnfuzd 03-12-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 1626620)
did you switch your phone to GSM mode?

Wouldn't let me.. phone didn't see sim... stayed in CDMA Mode

strra 03-12-2010 11:34 PM

just to confirm, this is an AT&T prepaid sim, correct?
tracfone and net10 sims won't work

ttlycnfuzd 03-12-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strra (Post 1626647)
just to confirm, this is an AT&T prepaid sim, correct?
tracfone and net10 sims won't work

yea... bought an att go phone just to get the sim.....

ttlycnfuzd 03-13-2010 12:38 PM

Is it maybe just an issue with this sim? I'd hate to think that I wasted $35.... but then again, it is only $35, and my phone still works the way it should... lol

CellGuy 03-13-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprintgirl (Post 1626577)

Well here is the issue with that statement.
Quote:

if you notice in att commercials it says 3g not available in all areas.
Watching a commercial does not in any way properly inform you on the products or services a company offers. Saying AT&T is a "2g" carrier, a term I have never heard used before btw, is incorrect. No carrier with a 3g network has 3G everywhere in the US. They all have fall back data networks. Verizon included. So what you are actually saying here is that all carriers in the US are "2g" carriers. Not trying to be a ass about it at all. Just trying to educate you a bit more on it.

intrlude 03-13-2010 03:46 PM

CDMA TP2s are SIM unlocked to any other provider worldwide. They are specifically blocked from U.S. GSM carriers. At least that's the way that Sprint has it set up.