PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What's your ROM flashing rate? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113564)

Comstar 03-09-2010 11:15 PM

What's your ROM flashing rate?

I'm working on a project and was wondering if everyone could help me out. I need to gather information on how often you flash, and if it's to a different ROM, or to a new version of the same ROM.

I tend to stick to the same ROM and just flash upgrades. Maybe once every 2 weeks I will flash something new just to check it out.

So I average about 8 flashes a month with 6 being the same ROM

I am not interested in which ROM's you flash, just how often.

Thanks for any input - feel free to post a comment!

And yes I know I spelled Monthly wrong 3 out of 4 times in the poll. Typed too fast and copied the wrong line!

redd214 03-09-2010 11:18 PM

Re: What's your ROM flashing rate?

this will be interesting to see, i hope a lot of people participate!

i flash probably once every 2 or 3 days. i use calkulins kitchen to make my own so i guess that would be considered updating to a newer version of the same rom.

btw you should add a poll to your post also, good luck!

HTC_TP 03-09-2010 11:21 PM

I flash, on average, once every week to different ROMs.

Comstar 03-09-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 1619163)
this will be interesting to see, i hope a lot of people participate!

i flash probably once every 2 or 3 days. i use calkulins kitchen to make my own so i guess that would be considered updating to a newer version of the same rom.

btw you should add a poll to your post also, good luck!

Great idea - just added one!

dtrush 03-09-2010 11:32 PM

I flash a new rom when my old one breaks, or something comes out that is just too tempting to try.

I used to build kitchens with Calkulin's roms a lot an try almost every new sys which would come out. I have determined that I don't have enough time to keep setting stuff up each time I feel I need to.

I switched over to the Mr. X February 2.5 because of recommendations from people on this board for being stable and fast. So far this is absolutely true. Very pleased.

I guess I'll run this one until I absolutely need to change it out. Maybe for 6 weeks or so and then invest another hour into configuring the next one.
I'm not able to run the stock rom because I need to run the Telus radio. If not I will get drop more calls than usual. Sad but true](*,)

ai6908 03-09-2010 11:33 PM

At least 10 times a week....sometimes 10 times a day! It all depends on whats kooking!;)

dtrush 03-09-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ai6908 (Post 1619204)
At least 10 times a week....sometimes 10 times a day! It all depends on whats kooking!;)

If you're always flashing your phone, when do you find the time to use it?:mrgreen:

ai6908 03-09-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush (Post 1619212)
If you're always flashing your phone, when do you find the time to use it?:mrgreen:

When I am not flashing! lol

dtrush 03-09-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ai6908 (Post 1619221)
When I am not flashing! lol

Configuring and testing isn't considered "using" really.:evil4:

Comstar 03-10-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush (Post 1619235)
Configuring and testing isn't considered "using" really.:evil4:

I really wanted to add a question about "Has flashing adversely affected your personal life" - But then I would have to look in the mirror!! :)

Biggzz 03-10-2010 10:04 AM

3 or 4 times a week...I am an addict!

reprod 03-10-2010 10:18 AM

I am too busy most of the time... Hence my low post count so I flash approximately once a month and usually just updates of the same ROM. In my Diamond days, I used to always flash once a week or so but now in my Touch Pro 2 days I am just too busy and I use my phone alot... If I find something solid and not too bloated I stick with it.

nxtech3 03-10-2010 11:53 AM

Used to flash different ROMs all the time, but working all the time and taking care of my daughter full time after, i just try to find a working stable ROM and stick with it. If i have some down time on a weekend ill flash some different ROMs but usually go back to Mightys on Monday

rainfreak 03-10-2010 11:56 AM

Back when I had my TP2 I flashed a new ROM every couple of days, unitl I found a stable one. I would usually stick with the stable one for a week or so and then flash several more until I found the next "one" for me.

I kind of miss it now and then since I switched to Android but the upside is that I don't have to keep flashing to get a phone that is enjoyable to use. Though I do miss the chance to flash when I want to. Now I jsut get my raincoat and head to the park.

jmorton10 03-10-2010 12:14 PM

I must have flashed my TP2 50 times when the unlocker first came out looking for a ROM I was totally happy wiith.

I stopped flashing when I got to the Dec 17th NRG Dusk ROM however. That was/is everything I was looking for & I am much too busy with things like work & raising my kids to keep flashing constantly..... ;-)

That NRG ROM is the best ROM I've ever run on any phone hands down (& that's saying a lot). I can't imagine one single thing I would gain by flashing at this point. I use TONS of apps/programs etc & they all work perefectly with this setup + it looks awesome.

I use Sling Mobile, Sirius radio, texting, MMS, Opera 9.7, Skyfire, CorePlayer, NFS Undercover g-sen, GPS, Twitter, Facebook, Slacker, nanoGroove, Pandora, WMWifirouter, SPB Time, Resco Photo manager, PocketShield etc etc etc etc & they all work perfectly. My system is fast & never freezes up at all, so I can't think of a single reason to update any farther at this point.

~John

jmorton10 03-10-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ai6908 (Post 1619204)

WOW, you need to get a life dude (seriously)

~John

Comstar 03-10-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1620118)

~John

John, Do you know if you can add to or edit a poll? I've been trying but either missing it or it can't be done (which I understand)

Seriously 03-11-2010 12:22 PM

Interesting question

Comstar 03-11-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriously (Post 1622746)
Interesting question

Ya. It's been a lot more even than I expected. I,m hoping to get at least 100 responses.

ai6908 03-17-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1620118)

~John

LOL...you are funny guy! I dont think you understand...but its all good.:)

piranah 03-17-2010 01:25 AM

ok, since i got my TP2 on thursday im at 14. today alone, since ive been playing with the kitchen ive done 4. i average a flash a day. and still manage to send 14k texts a month.

t0mmyr 03-17-2010 05:56 AM

0-10 times a day depending how many builds im flashign

bikeandestroyx 03-17-2010 06:25 AM

I flash too much, when im cooking i can flash 10-20 times a day. I would say 50 times a week when im trying to improve my rom.

milesnapue 03-17-2010 08:23 AM

Used to flash roms probably 3-6 times a week, now on Mighty's War. love it as far as WinMo goes. if we start talking "How many times do you load a new android kernel" well shoot, on what little off time I get I load those bad boys fresh out of compilation. Also Triple booting my TP2 with WinMo, Android, Rhobuntu. I love technology. So what rhoduntu can't make calls or texts, thats what winmo is for. I have a pretty much fully working ubuntu build on a damn phone, and I thought Ubuntu was small on my netbook :)

tjarnold 03-17-2010 08:59 AM

When I first started flashing with my Apache I was flashing anywhere from 5-10 times a day. As I got used to flashing and started figuring out what I liked that cut down to 5-10 times a week. When I got my Titan it went down to about 3-5 times a week. Now that I have the TP2 its a lot less. I could easily go a month without any flashing and then I will see a new build that I want to try out and will spend a weekend flashing 10-20 times to get things right.