PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Insurance will send me a new phone??? Cant sell! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112446)

zone23 02-28-2010 04:44 PM

Re: Insurance will send me a new phone??? Cant sell!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oditius (Post 1597591)
Always send it insured, and return receipt and signature required. They sent me an envelope to send my 6700 in. I put the address on a box, and brought it to the post office.

Nice but you can't I tried. The PO box that it goes to you can do any of that. I don't know how you did. I got a certificate of mailing. Proof enough.

fr0st 02-28-2010 05:06 PM

Why not just bring the broken phone to the store and have them order a replacement? I never had to mail my defective TP1's.

Oditius 02-28-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zone23 (Post 1597706)
Nice but you can't I tried. The PO box that it goes to you can do any of that. I don't know how you did. I got a certificate of mailing. Proof enough.

Hmmm it didn't have a PO Box. Maybe USCC uses another service? But I doubt it. :scratch:

popasmurfn25 02-28-2010 07:53 PM

hey if the following scenero is this then you can keep your TP2 and TP without getting it blacklisted:

Say you call them, and tell them you lost your phone at a friends house, and you need a replacement, but you dont want them to turn off the lost phone because your going to try and look for it over the weekend.So your going to try calling it later on. In the meantime please send me my replacement phone- plus your exspecting a very very IMPORTANT phone call that has to be logged as a missed call or else it could cost you your job thats how important it is :) then if i find it ill send it back thank you.......okay sir thankyou and bam your done... no blacklisted esn.

zone23 02-28-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oditius (Post 1597813)
Hmmm it didn't have a PO Box. Maybe USCC uses another service? But I doubt it. :scratch:

Well it must because I took the envelope that came with the new phone to the post office to try and send it certified or whatever and she she they couldn't because it was a meter box. This was about a month and a half ago, i'm on sprint.

yonif99 02-28-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awenthol (Post 1597669)
You can hard reset your phone...press and hold the talk, end and power button. Then after the reset screen loads you just press the power button.

However, like stated, insurance will make the ESN unusable, so you won't be able to sell it. If you're halfway decent with electronics, you can buy a new screen on ebay for $20 and replace it yourself. Much cheaper than the $100 deductible through insurance.

Replacement screen? Why didnt I think of that. Oh well, just paid the 100 bucks today. Im going to sell or swap it for a new TP.