PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   [ROM SHOWDOWN] [UPDATE 5/15] (RAM-Benchmarks-ROM) **Objective Analysis** (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112287)

CellGuy 03-12-2010 01:08 PM

Re: [ROM SHOWDOWN] (RAM-Benchmarks-ROM) **Mighty v NRG v Juicy and Many More**

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srt4inSC (Post 1624786)
I would like to see a stock rom added for Verizon.....A question tho, do carrier provision's have any effect on rom performance? Say Verizon vs. Sprint? Or even once you get MMS working?

A comparison of the stock ROM's against the cooked ones would be interesting to see. I'd especially be interested in seeing some stock 6.5 w/ 2.1's against the cooked 6.5's w/ 2.5.

chronster 03-12-2010 01:21 PM

Very deserving of many thanks.

mlin 03-12-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1625247)
Can we PM you get our ROMs run through the gauntlet and posted for the world? :)

Please do. I am going to try and test several new ROMs this weekend as well as update some of the ROMs I've already tested with newer versions. I will also try to post some Titanium only builds as well.

ajac 03-12-2010 02:40 PM

what about stability?

mlin 03-14-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajac (Post 1625532)
what about stability?

Stability isn't so easy to test in an objective manner. I can say that I have used NRG, MalROM, and Mighty extensively and stability amongst those three is great.

Didn't have a lot of free time so I did not do much additional testing this weekend.

chronster 03-15-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1630596)
Stability isn't so easy to test in an objective manner. I can say that I have used NRG, MalROM, and Mighty extensively and stability amongst those three is great.

Didn't have a lot of free time so I did not do much additional testing this weekend.

my test of stability:

how long before a restart is needed to correct ANY kind of issue

mlin 03-15-2010 12:13 AM

Re: [ROM SHOWDOWN] [3/14] (RAM-Benchmarks-ROM) **Mighty v NRG v Juicy and Many More**

With each of the ROMs that I mentioned that I used regularly, I only soft reset upon installing new software that required it. Again, its a difficult test to perform with little bias. The test I have done are very controlled and all done in the same way and do not require a lot of time spent with each ROM so I can churn out results quickly.

chronster 03-15-2010 12:52 AM

Re: [ROM SHOWDOWN] [3/14] (RAM-Benchmarks-ROM) **Mighty v NRG v Juicy and Many More**

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1630682)
With each of the ROMs that I mentioned that I used regularly, I only soft reset upon installing new software that required it. Again, its a difficult test to perform with little bias. The test I have done are very controlled and all done in the same way and do not require a lot of time spent with each ROM so I can churn out results quickly.

either way though, this puts things into perspective. Mr X's 2.1 rom is great, and after seeing this chart i see that not only is it NOT my imagination, but perhaps I should give Mr. X 2.5 a try.

Listen man, even if people want stability tests, what you did here is a nice step in the right direction. If you want to take time to test such a variable characteristic, by all means do so, but from what you've done here alone, you've more than proven yourself valuable to this community.

raidzero 03-15-2010 12:30 PM

Thanks mlin! :) its cool to see how your ROM stack up against others from an unbiased perspective. the question now is, what exactly is SPB benchmark score (I know was SPB benchmark is, I have run it myself..) and why is malrom like twice as high as all the others? seems like when there is one piece of data that is totally inconsistent with the others it should be reconsidered?

I'd like to improve by score in the benchmark category but to get nearly TWICE as high seems impossible. I was thinking maybe a few percent...

edit: it will be impossible to test stability

quazimodem 03-15-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1625506)
Please do. I am going to try and test several new ROMs this weekend as well as update some of the ROMs I've already tested with newer versions. I will also try to post some Titanium only builds as well.

Thanks, I'd be curious about the titanium ROMs as well.