PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

johnyblaze is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need to enable SD Encryption

I recently installed the latest MightyROM (2-10-10) but now cannot get my Exchange OTA ActiveSync working for my corporate e-mail. Did some digging, and figured out that the issue is that my corporate Exchange security policy requires both devce and SD card encryption on any devices connecting to OTA ActiveSync.

Further searching revealed that SD card encryption was *removed* from MightyROM starting a few versions back.

I know for sure that my device is missing both encfilt.dll and mencfilt.dll which seem to be required for SD card encryption (the details of which I'm not familiar with). I may or may not be missing more pieces required for SD card encryption.

So the question is: Is there any way at all for me to add SD card encryption back to the ROM, preferably without having to re-flash?

Can I somehow get copies of encfilt.dll and mencfilt.dll and register them on the device?

Any ideas / CABs that might help is greatly appreciated!!

BTW, when I try to sync without SD Card encryption, I get the 85010013 error code in activesync (whic is a pretty generic error code related to exchange policies).

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
--jB

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
encryption, exchange, mightyrom, policy