PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Which rom? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111234)

rj_22 02-18-2010 10:21 AM

Which rom?

Which rom has the best battery life, outside of the stock one? I know all custom roms burn my power than the stock one, but which one burns slower? I'm about to flash to energy rom 2.5, and just curious because sometimes I can't be accessible to a charger throughout the day, and I want to make sure I can last sometimes.

oldgarfield 02-18-2010 11:24 AM

Re: Which rom?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj_22 (Post 1574248)
Which rom has the best battery life, outside of the stock one? I know all custom roms burn my power than the stock one, but which one burns slower? I'm about to flash to energy rom 2.5, and just curious because sometimes I can't be accessible to a charger throughout the day, and I want to make sure I can last sometimes.

Battery life on Energy ROM is okay but not decent. Too many programs included, also 2.5 consumes more power. If you want good battery life, consider Sense 2.1 ROM without many programs preinstalled.

My suggestion: MightyROM or MalROM.
Both give me about two days with moderate use.

rj_22 02-18-2010 12:00 PM

im scared of mighty rom. It gave me so many problems on my tp that I had to abandon it. Text messages would lock up, phone would freeze, etc. I hope he corrected that on the tp2

rushco 02-18-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj_22 (Post 1574416)
im scared of mighty rom. It gave me so many problems on my tp that I had to abandon it. Text messages would lock up, phone would freeze, etc. I hope he corrected that on the tp2

Over 2,000 people use Mighty rom. I don't think 2,000 people would use it if it had problems.

rj_22 02-18-2010 12:20 PM

i understand that, but every rom has its short comings

wjrandon 02-18-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj_22 (Post 1574416)

I used Mightyrom on the original TP, but when I tried it on my TP2 I too experienced random lockups and freezes. It wasn't worth the trouble just to have WM 6.5 and the Sense 2.1 UI. I flashed back to the stock rom for stability and reliability.

BBHOLIDAY 02-18-2010 12:34 PM

Words of Wisdom. Stick with the stock ROM and just use the hacks listed in the hacks sticky that increase battery life and disable push internet. I'm using both of those hacks and my battery life is Insane! Believe me, nothings worst than needing to make an immediate important call, and picking up your phone to find out the custom rom has crashed. ](*,)

fishingmedic 02-18-2010 12:35 PM

I can personally vouch for Mighty's 2.1, Mal's 2.1 and Mr. X's 2.1 and 2.5. All of them have given me great battery life, although there are variables for each individual, what are you doing with it, how's your signal, how often are you updating weather, e-mail, etc, but overall, each of those ROM's have been great. You want more eyecandy, you lose battery. And if there are issues with any of those ROM's, the chefs are typically very responsive on getting them fixed, but most are user error.

yearn 02-18-2010 12:38 PM

I use mightyROM Void and have very very good battery life (as long as I dont use Parlingo all day)
But it is Titanium only no Sense 2.1 or 2.5.
I have been running it for over a month now with no bugs, freeze ups, or slow downs, it runs perfectly for me.

you can get it here.-->

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101356

wjrandon 02-19-2010 09:16 PM

I wish Sprint would get off their duffs and release their WM 6.5 update so I can put these custom rom dramas to bed.