PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 10:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Telus

nomi34 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Favorite cabs thread

Everything that i use has been posted except the best application EVER! (I think it hasn't been posted)
RemoteAccess - Allows you to manage your phone ENTIRELY via a web interface (best accessed via IE - i know i know but it shows a prettier interface)
  • View your files
  • send and recieve txt msgs (can sit in class and pretend im working on my laptop while txting )
  • And a whole lot more!
http://www.julien-manici.com/windows...remote_access/

Donate to him please - im totally broke atm
Attached Files
File Type: cab RemoteAccessSetup.CAB (1.19 MB, 311 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Here is the Barnes and Nobel app/cab ripped from the HD2. Runs excelent on TP2, it runs verticly and in landscape mode.

I have attempted to install older Barnes & Noble app cabs that came with older builds(roms) to no avail. They would not istall properly or work in the past, but this one does. Here are some pics for a better idea of what the app looks like.

If your running the Ereader tab/sence 2.5 rom on your device, the app runs and is compatible with Ereader tab library view. Additionaly if you dont have the Ereader tab, or prefer not to run it you can use the app as a stand alone app(very convinient for B&N ebook readers).

Here is a link for more information regarding the upcoming cab for Windows Mobile app store, but I checked this morning and it was not available yet so if you cant wait on the app store here you go. http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=14563&utm_...ontent=Twitter

Great link over at XDA-Dev, user PatCat007 (thanks) for the great work(download 300 books from Epub) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=635947

Screen shots:

ENJOY!
Attached Files
File Type: cab BNeReaderInstaller.cab (2.35 MB, 296 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

rickthecabbie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasha278 View Post
any good workable dialers out there for the tp2?
I don't know if anyone else has offered this, but I use iDialer
http://www.supware.net/iDialer/

I keep it simple and use it from a shortcut instead of trying to map a button
it works for dialing but then the phone goes to the regular skin cater connecting
Old 03-26-2010, 05:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

rickthecabbie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom5b View Post
Is there a program like magic button for the Touch Pro 2 ?
If what you are looking for is a way to shut down your program with the X button
that should be available in Task Manager settings.
Go to Start/Settings/System/Task Manager and click on the Button tab at the bottom.
Tick the box at the top of the screen "Enable the"x" button to end running programs"
and then the circle under that "End Programs by tapping "X"

If you are not running any other Task Manager it should work Just like this
http://www.trancreative.com/WindowsPhone/MagicButton/

Or try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=595430
as suggested previously in this thread... I found it by reading the whole thread...
hint, hint.

Last edited by rickthecabbie; 03-26-2010 at 05:06 AM. Reason: addition
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep

"10 Games for betting" app/game developed for the snapdragon processor by awesome developers in Korea, graphics look amazing on the TP2. Cool game to show your phone off to your friends and coworkers. Runs very well on our device. Enjoy

Last edited by Improve; 03-28-2010 at 02:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

here's one that puts a bar across the top for battery level and also one for memory in use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot4.jpg (10.0 KB, 596 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab qwertymemory-and-dcibattery.cab (13.9 KB, 79 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hc3cuz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefan View Post
I am a noob as well but I think you select the "weather animation" wallpaper in settings for your homescreen.
Ok so i scroll over to seeting goto Home wallpaper. Once i hit that it asks "would you like to use the default wallpaper" if i hit yes it just goes to default wallpaper if i hit No it just goes to my photo albums. Where do i go for the weather animation???

im running stock rom BTW, if that matters any

EDIT: FOUND IT!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93906

Last edited by hc3cuz; 03-28-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:20 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo2713 View Post
Still waiting for a decent battery cab please. Just need a basic one that has a little battery gauge with 1% increments. I see them out there on everyone's screen shots but appears everyone is too afraid to post what they got. Someone please post.
go to page 9, post 81 of this thread, oh heck, I'll even link it for you:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=111190&page=9

and like psychobaby said, a lot of us are on custom ROMs or kitchens and the battery meters are built in.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:48 AM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff

[QUOTE=dcurry;1669230]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post

QUOTE]

I installed it on my Sprint TP2 and nothing changed on the battery meter or the signal bars. I tried installing it to the device and to the storage card with the same results. Post 81 says a 1% battery driver might be needed; does anybody know where to get this driver? Also, will this driver make the signal meter show 7 bars or is another driver needed? I'm running the Sprint WM6.5 upgrade ROM. Thanks.
I guess you are referring to the cab I posted . The CAB includes 2 system files, one for the new signal meter, and one for the new battery icon. Plus a bunch of registry changes needed to make this work. I suspect that the Sprint stock rom might not allow these kind of changes, and revert them back upon restarting the phone. I am not really sure how to disable these security "features" as I never kept the stock rom, but I am sure there are ways (maybe you can try sprint_tp2_tweaks_wm65.cab from this thread)? The link includes a 1% driver as well.

Attached are some 1% battery drivers only (not needed for most custom roms). I believe the nueBattery one is a bit newer and for CDMA only.
Attached Files
File Type: cab nueBattery2TP2CDMA-122-v1.2-cab.cab (67.3 KB, 123 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab TP2-Batt.cab (81.3 KB, 51 views) Click for barcode!

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo2713 View Post
Still waiting for a decent battery cab please. Just need a basic one that has a little battery gauge with 1% increments. I see them out there on everyone's screen shots but appears everyone is too afraid to post what they got. Someone please post.
[QUOTE=dcurry;1669230]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post

QUOTE]

I installed it on my Sprint TP2 and nothing changed on the battery meter or the signal bars. I tried installing it to the device and to the storage card with the same results. Post 81 says a 1% battery driver might be needed; does anybody know where to get this driver? Also, will this driver make the signal meter show 7 bars or is another driver needed? I'm running the Sprint WM6.5 upgrade ROM. Thanks.
This is the cab I almost always use. 2 Screen shots included for you to see if you like it and would like to try it out(included with all setiings on). I have been using this cab as my standard task bar for a while on all the roms I use that are 6.5 or 6.5.X. I added the drivers cab incase your on 6.1(improves preformance).

Displays power metter in increments of 1%. Glossy Black Finish as well as other task bar items. It works well on 6.5 and also allows you to tap the signal meeter to acces your wirless settings (makes accesing messages and settings easy), enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: cab CDMA_BilboBrian_TaskBar.cab (6.33 MB, 236 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab sdkcerts.cab (4.6 KB, 118 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Improve; 03-30-2010 at 04:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2