PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt 2
Carrier: ATT

rlowe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email Opening Message Slow TP2

When using the stock Windows 6.5 email program, whenever you touch a single message to read it, it takes about 3-4 seconds to appear on the screen. It sort of fades open gradually which is really annoying when you are trying to get through email fast. FYI this is an ATT version of TP2 (Tilt2). The behavior is the same on 2 different phones. Is there any way to speed this up???
I called HTC and ATT and both had no idea and seemed to think this was "normal".
Tried Flexmail 4 as an alternative, but it doesn't support touch navigation as well as the built in Windows email client.

Thanks in advance, can't believe everyone is not screaming about this lag when reading emails but have not been able to find a single comment on the subject anywhere.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

murani is a n00b
Re: Email Opening Message Slow TP2

I have the same issue on my Sprint TP2 running stock WM6.5. The fastest way I found is to simply tap on the windows button and go directly to your email or text messages. They open up instantly. I has to be something with how Sense 2.5 is loading that messaging client.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:36 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Email Opening Message Slow TP2

brought back fom the dead....lol

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
email, opening, performance, slow, speed