PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   disable screen alignment with vol up/down+tap screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109723)

cfong 02-07-2010 12:44 AM

disable screen alignment with vol up/down+tap screen

Sprint TP2 has a hardware backdoor to screen alignment. It's pressing volume up and down at once then tap screen.

The problem is that this condition is too easy to meet. On TP2, the volume up/down switches are under a single piece of plastic that seesaws. If something hit the middle of the up/down key, it'll get both switches underneath pressed. In a pocket or pouch, something is always touching the screen.

In more times than I care to count, I pull out the phone and found it wanted me to align its screen. The screen alignment is above everything. It'll do nothing until it's satisfied. It's like a dog that refuses to fetch until it has its back scratched.

Any way to defeat it? S2U2's lock doesn't defeat it.

Thanks.

dumpringz 02-07-2010 12:59 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

wow ... thats crazy .. pocket shield doesnt block it either ... i tried using winmo stock lock & to see if that is able to be bipassed & its not. at least it wouldnt allow entry to a passcode locked phone .. well stock 1 anyways

cfong 02-07-2010 09:28 PM

Re: disable screen alignment with vol up/down+tap screen

I wrote to HTC tech support for this. They basically said try not to accidentally hit volume up/down at the same time... :roll:

wirecutter 02-07-2010 10:30 PM

Wirelessly posted (XV6875 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I have a problem with it as well whenever I'm on a call and adjust the volume when the phone is next to my head.. The proximity sensor doesn't seem to disable it...or I don't hold the phone close enough to my head for it to kick in. btw I have the verizon TP2.

jerryyyyy 02-14-2010 09:51 PM

This alignment BS is enough to get rid of this phone. Could anyone every imagine Apple doing this. I have been working on it for 5 minutes after a hard reset.

dumpringz 02-14-2010 10:13 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

pocket sheild has in call protection .. it has one with a slider & another that uses the sensor .. while it has yet to fail me protection wise as far as opening up things while on the phone ... but this does not make the initial problem go away

jerryyyyy 02-15-2010 01:20 AM

I finally figured out why it was taking me so long to calibrate: I was bracing my hand on the screen while calibrating and it was picking up my braced hand as the calibration (duhhh).

nrfitchett4 02-15-2010 02:57 AM

wow, another problem i have had the fortune of avoiding. haven't had that happen in 4 months of heavy use. at least now i'll know if it does, why it happened.

Deimoss 02-15-2010 03:53 AM

Did not expect to replicate this on my custom built WM 6.6 Rom with 2012 Manila.

Replicated the bug on the first try

frazell 02-15-2010 03:57 AM

Just wow... How did they not fix this...