PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   default folder (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108010)

pacard 01-26-2010 12:49 AM

default folder

I have the TP2 w/ stock ROM.

I would like to change the folder that stores pictures, music, notes and voice recordings.

Can anyone tell me where in the registry to make these changes and what to enter? (I have PHM Registry editor so I know how to navigate the registry; just not sure where to find it and what to enter)

TIA

pc

psycho_maniac 01-26-2010 01:46 AM

Re: default folder

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacard (Post 1516844)

I would like to change the folder that stores pictures, music, notes and voice recordings.

Can anyone tell me where in the registry to make these changes and what to enter? (I have PHM Registry editor so I know how to navigate the registry; just not sure where to find it and what to enter)

TIA

pc

\HKLM\Software\ARcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\Folder\
change all of them to where you want them to save.

puff601 01-26-2010 02:13 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i also did this 1

Documents are opened in and saved to the device's internal storage by default. You can change this location to, for example, your Storage Card:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\FileSyncPath = "\Storage Card\My Documents"

Q_Q 01-26-2010 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacard (Post 1516844)

TIA

pc

This is what I found to be the best tutorial bar none

psycho_maniac 01-26-2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1517003)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i also did this 1

Documents are opened in and saved to the device's internal storage by default. You can change this location to, for example, your Storage Card:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\FileSyncPath = "\Storage Card\My Documents"

what applicaton is this for? microsoft word? if its word then this is a great find!!!

puff601 01-26-2010 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac
Quote:

i also did this 1

what applicaton is this for? microsoft word? if its word then this is a great find!!!

sorry i think that may actually be for microsoft office. i actually found that on page with lots WM5 registry edits. i have a nice little list of reg edits saved in my phone. i think there should be a thread for registry edits if there isnt one already.

psycho_maniac 01-26-2010 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1517025)

sorry i think that may actually be for microsoft office. i actually found that on page with lots WM5 registry edits. i have a nice little list of reg edits saved in my phone. i think there should be a thread for registry edits if there isnt one already.

lol did you not see the link in my signature? haha.

puff601 01-26-2010 02:55 AM

lol naah im using m.ppcgeeks n it doesnt show sigs or anything, but let me switch over to the regular site so i can see.

edit: o ive saw that thread before. i have a few other edits i will add to it in the morning probably.

check out that thread OP, should help you alot.

pacard 01-26-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

i also did this 1

I don't have this path in my registry. Could you recheck the path? Thx

pacard 01-26-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1516966)
\HKLM\Software\ARcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\Folder\
change all of them to where you want them to save.

Didn't work for me. Tried changing Pictures & Videos. No luck.