PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need to to enable or toggle 1x only mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
I dont know if it were me , but after i installed the cab and ran the scripts my data connection was messed up .. i didnt change anything else but this cab and script , im pretty certain that was the cause . i would have loved for the EvDo only for listening to slacker or on youtube without interuptions from texts or calls , but the signal just switches back to 1x for the text .
what do you mean by data was messed up? doesn't work??

unfortunately there's nothing you can do about the txt interuptions. calls will also still come in if the data is not active. since sms is so small the network will pause the data for the brief second it takes to send the txt.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
what do you mean by data was messed up? doesn't work??
Yeah like the data doesnt connect , or it will connect then just disconnect randomly while in the browser , or on youtube .. it would show the gray network symbol .. i just reverted back to normal and reflashed . had to try out a new ROM i cooked anywho . just wanted to alert people of my issue .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
unfortunately there's nothing you can do about the txt interuptions. calls will also still come in if the data is not active. since sms is so small the network will pause the data for the brief second it takes to send the txt.
Actually , i wrote up a script that keeps texts from coming in while being tethered , the only problem is when the script is running it kills the CPU but when your tethered your not really on your phone anyhow . But im working on the same script to use for like when im watching Hulu or something on the phone . im trying to get the script to utilze less CPU .

And as far as calls go , just enable ddtm
Old 04-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

never had an issue with calls or text "interrupting" while using script, i never got texts or calls while on it. i know this for a fact, wife got upset about it.

uploaded the data fix for sprint only, rename extension to mscr, not my fix was in original thread at xda
Attached Files
File Type: txt datafixForceChoice.txt (1.6 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:08 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
never had an issue with calls or text "interrupting" while using script, i never got texts or calls while on it. i know this for a fact, wife got upset about it.

uploaded the data fix for sprint only, rename extension to mscr, not my fix was in original thread at xda
I'm afraid to try it .. lol but I'll give it a whirl ! thanks for the fix !

and when I say interrupting , I mean like a text would come in and the data would drop .
Old 04-01-2011, 07:23 PM

just confirmed the new scripts do work !! thank you so much !!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

ccbroman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlc403 View Post
As the thread title says, I need to enable 1x only on my touch pro 2. I am running 6.1

The old cabs that did it on the diamond and touch pro don't seem to work on the tp 2 because of the different phone menu...

I searched, but have not found the answer anywhere...

Thanks,

Josh
you should try windows mobile long life, its set up menu allows for many options like what you are looking for in a Radio Configuration
Old 04-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)

Sysmai is a n00b

i just happened to run into this revived thread. I see my old wannabe script flying around. I am by no means a programmer or a script kiddie even. I just found Mortscript to be very simular to qbasic/batch file type of language.

Anyway. The script is ghetto, but it does work. I have uploaded a zip file with everything needed to xda a while back. The script/scripts are the only parts that I wrote. the flightmode program was written by another. My script just utilizes that to reset the data on the tp2 so it reloads the registry edits done by the script without having to reboot the phone.

Just make sure you install the rkflightmode cab to its default location before you run the script. The last thing I uploaded was the "finger friendly" script that just cycles through the automatic(hybrid), evdo only, and 1x only modes in a yes/no scenario.

If you don't want to run the script and you just want to do the correct registry edits (not roaming or hidden mode of operation). Just look in the text file if its in txt or rename to txt if its in mscr format. That will give you the correct location to change the registry key. Then just enable flightmode on your phone and disable you should be just fine.

Note: the small script has no error handling so if it errors it gets caught in a loop. you will need to kill it manually in the process. This is only when forcing evdo and you try to exit it without ever letting your phone reconnect its data.

Hope this helps and hope you are still breathing after reading this long long winded message.

That is what speed my phones data connection is at...on my wifi..
ANYTHING can be injected in 0s and 1s.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysmai View Post
i just happened to run into this revived thread. I see my old wannabe script flying around. I am by no means a programmer or a script kiddie even. I just found Mortscript to be very simular to qbasic/batch file type of language.

Anyway. The script is ghetto, but it does work. I have uploaded a zip file with everything needed to xda a while back. The script/scripts are the only parts that I wrote. the flightmode program was written by another. My script just utilizes that to reset the data on the tp2 so it reloads the registry edits done by the script without having to reboot the phone.

Just make sure you install the rkflightmode cab to its default location before you run the script. The last thing I uploaded was the "finger friendly" script that just cycles through the automatic(hybrid), evdo only, and 1x only modes in a yes/no scenario.

If you don't want to run the script and you just want to do the correct registry edits (not roaming or hidden mode of operation). Just look in the text file if its in txt or rename to txt if its in mscr format. That will give you the correct location to change the registry key. Then just enable flightmode on your phone and disable you should be just fine.

Note: the small script has no error handling so if it errors it gets caught in a loop. you will need to kill it manually in the process. This is only when forcing evdo and you try to exit it without ever letting your phone reconnect its data.

Hope this helps and hope you are still breathing after reading this long long winded message.
Thanks for the scripts and putting everything in one package it has been working great for me since day 1! Someone (mod) needs to update first post with new title ex: (solved) force toggle 1x or evdo, something catchy! thanks again Sysmai

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2