PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   cleanram freezes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107548)

iknight8 01-22-2010 01:56 PM

cleanram freezes

hey guys, i am pretty sure i am not the only one but i have nrgz 23516 custom rom and wen i run cleanram it does the cleaning but then it freezes!!! i cant exit it out or nothing... so should i wait a few mins before soft resetting the device? or is that a global issue? Thanx

jmorton10 01-22-2010 02:12 PM

Re: cleanram freezes

That is a fairly common problem & one reason I don't use these programs.

I have found that running CleanRam level 2 takes almost as long as simply soft resetting (unless you have a ton of stuff loading at startup) & a soft reset is always better than running one of the memory cleaners anyway.....

~John

hunter7773 01-22-2010 03:02 PM

its a cookd rom prob i use 2 of mighty roms and have same prob. went back to stock and no prob with clean ram.

Improve 01-22-2010 03:08 PM

Give This A shot it works for me for now... Hope it Helps.

I know the simplest and quickest answer is to soft reset, however since sense 2.5 has twitter tab, as well as other ram intensive apps (My HTC Peep settings download 180 tweets every 15 minutes/plus I run MM 2.81) I often have to wait for an entire minute or two after a Soft Reset for everything to load on my TP2 properly. Otherwise the device will lock up if I begin using it as normal immediately following a soft reset which would only cause me to soft or hard reset again, depending on how locked up the phone gets.

To avoid the soft reset and the possible 1 or 2 minute wait for everything I’m running to update and load, I just simply go to
Settings>Today>Items>windows Default>OK
and I run Clean Ram on level 3 then I go right back to
Settings>Today>Items>HTC Sense>OK
At that point I have recovered a decent amount of ram.
(Today for example it went from 82% back to 66%)

This might seem strange but I avoid locking up sense 2.5, having to soft reset, and waiting for all of sense 2.5 apps along with any other thing you’re running to load.

This is simply what works for me until Clean RAM works on 2.5 without locking up.

Note: I’m running Juicy R8

Riley 01-22-2010 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter7773 (Post 1509334)
its a cookd rom prob i use 2 of mighty roms and have same prob. went back to stock and no prob with clean ram.

Agreed. sometimes clean ram works flawlessly. Other times it seems to interfere with the sense roms especially for me. I have been using it without incident on level 1 with Mike's 1-20 Sense 2.1 rom. Also, sktools lite has worked well for me (thanks to wmdunn for providing me the cab:) )

If you want to try it, here you go:

darren.wlsn1 01-22-2010 08:10 PM

i just use the back hardbutton"arrow" and that works fine.

iknight8 01-25-2010 12:00 AM

i thought cleanram was awesome but i guess i cant use it nemore cuz it just doesnt close and it freezes my system!!! anyother like it that might work? i use the NRGz 23518 rom... if not its kewl

Thanx guys :)

botchy 01-25-2010 12:06 AM

Click on clean ram config. Then menu>exception list> click enabled>enabled manila.exe. Should stop freezing on you.

NinjaDuck 01-25-2010 12:08 AM

I have it scheduled to run every 3 hours on level 3. I exclude manilla.exe and it works flawlessley.

I would recommend exluding manilla and also making not of what was running (if possible) when it freezes and simply exclude those programs.

IMHO - it works great when configured this way.

BTW- I am running NRGz 23518.

iknight8 01-25-2010 12:11 AM

its funny... i take out manilla.exe and it only cleans like 3.2 MB lol
i hope in the next version of WM phone they have more internal memory!!!!
i def cant run NFS in sense nemore! lol