PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Wired headset and bluetooth prevents sounds on phone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107211)

tom888 01-20-2010 03:52 PM

Wired headset and bluetooth prevents sounds on phone

Apologies if there's a thread on this already, but I did a thorough search and didn't find it. My issue: when I have a wired headset plugged into my TP2, the phone's notifications (eg: notifications, incoming calls/email, etc) all go through the earpiece on the headset, rather than through the actual phone (the phone doesn't ring, it simply rings in the earpiece). This is annoying bc I don't always have the headset on, although I keep it plugged in when I'm walking around my apartment. I've noticed the same behavior with my car's bluetooth system: if the phone is connected to it, the notification sounds seem to turn off for incoming emails/sms. I simply want the phone to ring, bc I don't always have the earpiece in my ear. My Blackberry never had this problem. I'm sure it's just a setting somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Please help!

japper88 01-20-2010 04:27 PM

Re: Wired headset and bluetooth prevents sounds on phone

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom888 (Post 1504274)
Apologies if there's a thread on this already, but I did a thorough search and didn't find it. My issue: when I have a wired headset plugged into my TP2, the phone's notifications (eg: notifications, incoming calls/email, etc) all go through the earpiece on the headset, rather than through the actual phone (the phone doesn't ring, it simply rings in the earpiece). This is annoying bc I don't always have the headset on, although I keep it plugged in when I'm walking around my apartment. I've noticed the same behavior with my car's bluetooth system: if the phone is connected to it, the notification sounds seem to turn off for incoming emails/sms. I simply want the phone to ring, bc I don't always have the earpiece in my ear. My Blackberry never had this problem. I'm sure it's just a setting somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Please help!

I think the whole design of the phone is route the sound to the ear piece/bluetooth, you might want to just set your phone to always vibrate when you get calls so at least you have some signal.

tom888 01-20-2010 08:48 PM

There's gotta be something that can be done! It's Windows, not Apple!!

marke 03-08-2010 05:13 PM

Bump -

Anybody have a solution for this? I have a wired headset too and if the headset is plugged in then the phone ONLY rings through the headset, which I obviously can't hear if I don't have the headset on my head!

Same thing happens with bluetooth headsets.

Surely there's a way to force the phone ring through the phone's speaker?

zanda61 03-26-2010 10:42 PM

If you turn off the stereo audio connection for your bluetooth device and simply leave bluetooth handsfree connected, then notifications will play through the phone's speaker. I think having "stereo audio" turned on forces all sounds except the phone ringer to go through the headphones. I'd love to have a better fix too as I don't want to keep having to turn off stereo audio.

sprintgirl 03-26-2010 11:30 PM

have u checked ur ringer and system volumes while the headset is on bcuz i listen to my music on my bluetooth at work w system audio on but my phone still rings when my ringer is up all the way.