PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   HOW to relock and isntall stock rom on sprint htc pro 2 ? help plz (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107200)

johnnyzx10r 01-20-2010 02:41 PM

HOW to relock and isntall stock rom on sprint htc pro 2 ? help plz

I know there are some threads about this but im not sure if its the same for the HTC PRO 2 . I bought a htc pro 2 unlock with a mighty rom and i install many apps etc but i got tired of reseting phone every time i placed a wrong app and my contacts keap eracing . So i wish to put phone back to bone stock so i can give to my girl becaus ei hear that the pro 2 comes with wifi ......( i didnt know ) . Can anyone be kind to help me .

amw1972 01-20-2010 02:54 PM

Re: HOW to relock and isntall stock rom on sprint htc pro 2 ? help plz

You'll need to look here for the stock ROM

then

you'll need to look here for how to relock

I suggest you do some research on how to flash a ROM from here

even though its for a Touch Pro...it still applies to the TP2

johnnyzx10r 01-20-2010 03:21 PM

thank you

rydah805 01-20-2010 03:40 PM

its really easy and to be honest...you dont need to re-lock it. i dont see any difference except if you want to flash to another rom you can since its already unlocked. i would just flash stock if i was you.

johnnyzx10r 01-20-2010 06:55 PM

oK i will do that. i want to sell but im just scared to have it on a rom and the buyer cant understand how to play with the files and then i get a bad review. it was hard for me for the first 3 weeks but i want the person that buys iit to have it stock and you are right about locking it . thanks

amw1972 01-20-2010 07:02 PM

Actually, I think you should lock it back up after you've flashed stock. The person that buys from you may or may not ever take it back to Sprint for a fix of anything. If they take it back "unlocked" they may NOT get their hardware issue fixed...

show the buyer where to go to unlock...and flash custom ROM's and such...and point them the way.

johnnyzx10r 01-20-2010 07:06 PM

very true im gonna sell item on ebay but i just dont want to hear crap . but at the same time if i tell them is unlock i can have international buyers cause remember phone takes sim card

frazell 01-20-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyzx10r (Post 1504802)
very true im gonna sell item on ebay but i just dont want to hear crap . but at the same time if i tell them is unlock i can have international buyers cause remember phone takes sim card

You're letting your mind get lost in CDMA and GSM constructs that aren't relavant in this case man...

The CID lock or unlock ONLY deals with ROM flashing. It has NOTHING to do with Sim cards. The Sprint Touch Pro 2 accepts foreign Sim Cards out of the box and does NOT need to be unlocked for that purpose (unless you are trying to use a DOMESTIC US sim card).

johnnyzx10r 01-21-2010 09:52 AM

oK THANKS frazell that is nice to know about the phone .