PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   google translate app from nexus one for windows mobile? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107196)

lilo5858 01-20-2010 02:26 PM

google translate app from nexus one for windows mobile?

Im wondering if there is the google translate app from nexus one for windows mobile?
i know that there is one for text,but im looking for the one where you can speak and ti'll translate for you,

please let me know if you find any

rydah805 01-20-2010 03:32 PM

Re: google translate app from nexus one for windows mobile?

would be nice!!!
the text one doesnt work for me so one or the other would rock!!!

p-slim 01-20-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilo5858 (Post 1504008)
Im wondering if there is the google translate app from nexus one for windows mobile?
i know that there is one for text,but im looking for the one where you can speak and ti'll translate for you,

please let me know if you find any

with the nexus one, i'm not sure if its considered an app, that feature is built into the phone, which is why you can't do it on every android.

WhiteBlazer01 01-20-2010 06:56 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Are you talking about the language translator? I have one the Google Translator for WM, but it doesn't recognize voice. Also, it writes the translation in the native language, not english, so I hope you can read russian, greek, hebrew, farsi, japanese, etc... Spanish, Italian, etc. is easy to read.

aaron580 01-20-2010 06:58 PM

I found one a while back and it worked but I dont have it anymore for some reason... If I find again I will post

p-slim 01-20-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1504776)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Are you talking about the language translator? I have one the Google Translator for WM, but it doesn't recognize voice. Also, it writes the translation in the native language, not english, so I hope you can read russian, greek, hebrew, farsi, japanese, etc... Spanish, Italian, etc. is easy to read.

I believe he means talk to text. With the nexus if someone wants to send a text message all they have to do is talk to the phone and it will transcribe the text message for you.

microsoft was working on an app called tell me, i believe it incorporated that feature but we haven't seen that program yet except on 1 sprint phone. it was suppose to release with 6.5 and be in the marketplace but it obviously hasn't.