PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Help: Phone Flips Itself (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106576)

STANirvanaIND 01-16-2010 12:50 PM

Help: Phone Flips Itself

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it in a thread already (although I really didn't know what to search), anyway, I have the newest version of Mightyrom War and sometimes when I turn the screen back on or someone calls me the screen starts horizontal and then has to flip itself...which normally wouldn't bother me but when someone calls me the phone has to flip itself and sometimes I miss the call then.

I figured it may be because the keyboard was sliding out a little in my pocket, but I looked and it would have to open pretty far to do this. So anybody have any ideas on what to do?

msh441 01-16-2010 08:10 PM

Re: Help: Phone Flips Itself

Is it safe to assume that you haven't installed any screen rotation programs such as CHange screen or Gyrator? Or that they, or other G-sensor rotation mods aren't included in theh ROM?

CovKid66 01-16-2010 08:14 PM

You could try turning off the Auto Screen Rotation. It's under the Settings Tab | G-Sensor. I see this every now and again too, and just put it down to the sensor.

STANirvanaIND 01-16-2010 09:11 PM

Thanks for the responses guys, anyway I personally haven't installed any rotation programs (and I don't think any are included in the rom) also CovKid66 I couldn't find the Auto Screen Rotation setting, under the g-sensor it only has the option to calibrate. Any ideas?

CovKid66 01-16-2010 09:42 PM

Sorry man! Just tried searching for about 20+ minutes and could not find out how to enable this setting, or find a registry setting that you could check to see why this option is not there for you. Hopefully somebody more familiar with the G-Sensor / ASR options will be able to help you.

FYI, your profile still shows "Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c".

STANirvanaIND 01-16-2010 11:07 PM

Haha thanks for that CovKid66, forgot to update that when I got my new phone, thanks for the help too

Rafy0003 01-17-2010 12:08 AM

Would you like to know a Registry edit to disable the G sensor? This will disable the Sensor for everything, No teeter, I had the same issue so I just go to HKLM/ drivers then go to Gsensor and add any letter in the DLL key, This will not have the correct DLL for the Gsensor so you can disable it.

CovKid66 01-17-2010 12:14 AM

Worst case, that'd do the job.

STANirvanaIND 01-17-2010 02:09 AM

Well if I haven't installed any programs that rely on the g sensor than would teeter be the only thing that wouldn't work? I really can't think of anything that uses it, so ya that reg key would be great just for when I do eventually get frustrated enough...worse comes to worse I'll just reenable it on that blue moon when I just NEED to play teeter. thanks

MrHawaii 01-17-2010 04:18 AM

do you use some type magnetic case? mines does this when taking it out of my case which has a magnetic fastener. there are a few other threads on that, i am sure you can find them. other than that I dont know what it could be. best of luck.