PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Comm Manager CDMA to GSM switch (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106216)

notanerd1411 01-14-2010 02:18 AM

Comm Manager CDMA to GSM switch

I thought I had seen that in a few Custom ROMs the cooks have added a switch into the Comm manager to switch back and forth between CDMA and GSM.. I was wondering if there would be a way to add that to a custom rom that didnt have that option.

Currently I am on MM newest build and although i dont use GSM all that much it would still be nice to have...

Thank you in advance..

clueless25 01-14-2010 03:03 AM

Re: Comm Manager CDMA to GSM switch

GSM is used for sending pics via mms & other data programs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by notanerd1411 (Post 1487199)
I thought I had seen that in a few Custom ROMs the cooks have added a switch into the Comm manager to switch back and forth between CDMA and GSM.. I was wondering if there would be a way to add that to a custom rom that didnt have that option.

Currently I am on MM newest build and although i dont use GSM all that much it would still be nice to have...

Thank you in advance..

frazell 01-14-2010 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clueless25 (Post 1487243)
GSM is used for sending pics via mms & other data programs.

Since when is GSM used for anything other than international roaming or hacked domestic GSM?

notanerd1411 01-14-2010 05:15 AM

uhhh ya... I just want to be able to switch over to my GSM sim card when I am travelling....there is a long way to do it which i have been doing just wanted a more elegant solution...

explisiv 01-14-2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notanerd1411 (Post 1487366)
uhhh ya... I just want to be able to switch over to my GSM sim card when I am travelling....there is a long way to do it which i have been doing just wanted a more elegant solution...

by joe i think your on to something! i would like that too! +1 for the gsm/cdma switch in the com manager!

drewcam888 01-14-2010 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Copy this program to the start menu or create a shortcut. Works perfectly.

bdurst08 01-14-2010 12:32 PM

dang...drew beat me to it.:mrgreen: i also have that on a .cab of its easier for u to use. the app does work perfect like drew said.

notanerd1411 01-14-2010 04:36 PM

Thanks guys works great!

zxhwk 01-29-2010 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewcam888 (Post 1487512)
Copy this program to the start menu or create a shortcut. Works perfectly.

yes it does work on verizon or sprint phones but there is one problem with the sprint phone Touch Pro2 when you switch to gsm mode there are a few screens that pop up saying ( multiple connections found settings were found, Please select one.
CHoose cancel or next.)

next screen says setting up your device to work on the network at this tie there is a hide button but if you wait it will go away but the first screen will not go away it just stays on the selection screen but it does connect to the network.
Anybody have any answers for this .
I am using T-Mobile , I have tried the ATT as well and the list that pops up on there sim card show 6 different systems T mobile shows T-Mobile or TUYO systems.