PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 Doesn't Show Up In Sprint Updates (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106189)

livejazz 01-13-2010 10:42 PM

TP2 Doesn't Show Up In Sprint Updates

Just checked Sprint software updates page and the TP2 is missing. Could this mean it's time?

http://www.nextel.com/en/software_do...ne/index.shtml

matt

starfury1 01-13-2010 10:48 PM

Re: TP2 Doesn't Show Up In Sprint Updates

time for what? lol

p-slim 01-13-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livejazz (Post 1486672)
Just checked Sprint software updates page and the TP2 is missing. Could this mean it's time?

http://www.nextel.com/en/software_do...ne/index.shtml

matt

tp2 is missing because all of the phones on that list actually have upgrades available from what was released the day the phone came out. From release date the tp2 has had no upgrades available.

RicoRich196 01-13-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfury1 (Post 1486690)
time for what? lol

Time for those who are scared to flash a cooked stock 6.5 rom to flash a 6.5 rom. And no it's not time.

ChrisH09 01-14-2010 04:15 AM

I'm waiting..no flashing here....I don't want to run into problems...and don't tell me there arn't any...just look at half the post in this forum...It supports my case...

p-slim 01-14-2010 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisH09 (Post 1487316)
I'm waiting..no flashing here....I don't want to run into problems...and don't tell me there arn't any...just look at half the post in this forum...It supports my case...

you must not have seen all the threads while we waited for 2 months for the unlocker, all those prove your case wrong. The only reason there are problems with custom roms is because people always want the latest and greatest, which isn't always perfected. But to create a simple 6.5 rom with 2.1 sense built off of usc or verizon rom, anybody could cook a rom that will be more stable then sprint because you will leave out the bloatware. but to each his own, by the time you finally get 6.5, i wouldve been running that since my tp1 days which would be over a year.

CosmoPilot 01-14-2010 10:11 AM

I have to concur with p-slim, I've been using smartphones (windows based) since they started selling them. I've "NEVER" flashed my ROM before because I was scared of the potential problems, etc.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago, I said to hell with it...and gave it a go. I printed the instructions for unlocking the phone...this was about as easy as it gets (to my surprise). Then, I went through the agonizing debate on whose ROM I should try first. Obviously, MM ROM was my first choice because it has such great review. My initial version was 12/30 and it was pretty darn close to perfection (much better than what I got stock from Sprint using 6.1). then 1/10 came out a few days ago, and I don't see a need to upgrade anymore...it has everything I need and use the phone for, and is fast/stable/and reliable.

BL: I'm no longer afraid of flashing my ROMs...the chefs here do a fabulous job of creating stable ROMs.

On a side note, if you are sceptical, you can always re-flash back to the original stock ROM...then you are no worse for the wear!

subzero1313 01-14-2010 10:17 AM

This thread is made of win lol

kcgent4u 01-14-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

...+1...

subzero1313 01-14-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

And what about the other 1/2 that have no issues? lol Again, epic win in this thread. And I WILL say, Ive been on MR since the unlocker and have had 0 problems. Mikes ROMs are as stable as stock, if not more so. If ANYONE is having a problem with it, they did it to themselves

DiamynzNPearlz 01-14-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

LOL, you sound scared to death. Just flash a stable ROM and see if you like it. If not, flash back to stock and call it a day. Don't base your opinion of the negative posts what some noobs have experienced, because there are MORE people who have zero issues and are satisfied with customs.

MaryGladys 01-14-2010 10:56 AM

Mighty ROM is great. I don't see the stock ROM being any more stable. Like a lot of people, I was kinda skeptical of flashing, but the version dated 1/13/09 is fantastic. Extremely stable and has everything I would need.

If it's any consolation, I am a girl. A very busy girl who doesn't have time to tweak and work on troubleshooting problems all the time. This was extremely painless. Took just a couple more minutes more than when I originally set up my phone.

I persoally LOVE the My Location and weather on the home screen....living in a small town, my town is not listed in the weather database, but the My Location feature makes that point moot.

Now, if you plan on going with that Leo and HD2 ported stuff (of the cutting edge revs of everything) expect problems.

Mighty ROM's Sense 2.1/WM 6.5 version is not that. It is stable and simple.

Signed,

A very busy working mother with no time to mess around.

src666 01-14-2010 11:07 AM

Fear isn't the only reason not to flash. Personally, I want the stock ROM because it is signed and works with the Zune Pass subscriptions. Don't think that everyone who doesn't flash is a big chicken. There are valid reasons, accept them.

rdcrds 01-14-2010 11:35 AM

I have the stock rom only cause i do not feel like spending the time to find a good one to work with mobile shell.I run mobile shell now for over a week and i Love It! i guess i could run a rom that supports MS but again why? i like how i got it setup ATM.

Does mobile shell run better on stock or a cooked ROM?

meatgel 01-14-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 1487676)
I have the stock rom only cause i do not feel like spending the time to find a good one to work with mobile shell.I run mobile shell now for over a week and i Love It! i guess i could run a rom that supports MS but again why? i like how i got it setup ATM.

Does mobile shell run better on stock or a cooked ROM?

I find that mobile shell runs better on a 6.5 ROM which is (for Sprint) a cooked ROM for now. Indagroove's titanium only ROM is good for mobile shell. Also, it's easy to make a titanium only with Calkulin's kitchen (what I am running now). The one thing I like with mobile shell and a cooked ROM right now is I'm using the X2 task manager and it shows on the main page of mobile shell, unaffected like the HTC task manager is.

otterit 01-14-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Not flashing either. I think messing with the various ROMs would be fun if I didn't need my phone to "just work". I don't have the time to mess with loading apps and syncing a gazillion times.

p-slim 01-14-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otterit (Post 1487728)
Not flashing either. I think messing with the various ROMs would be fun if I didn't need my phone to "just work". I don't have the time to mess with loading apps and syncing a gazillion times.

umm i don't sync a gazillion times and trust me my phone works. Me missing one call because my phone was freezing up or something would anger me to no end.

BBHOLIDAY 01-14-2010 12:32 PM

:headbang: Dude I just called sprint and Advanced Tech support says they have an email that says the 6.5 ROM will be available to sprint customers the end of January beginning of February. I'll wait for the Official Version!

livejazz 01-14-2010 12:33 PM

TP2 was on the software page, even as recently as last week and since the device launched. I think they had a link to download ActiveSync there just as a couple of the Palm devices do that use WM. As far as the stock ROM and custom ROM stuff goes (the direction, it seems, that this thread has gone), to each his (or her) own. I run custom ROM's all the time and there are three of my employees that are required to run and critique them, constantly, because I hire ROM writers to produce carrier approved custom ROM's that has our third party software embedded in them. MR 6.5/2.1 is a good stable choice for a custom ROM for somebody who is new with custom ROM's. I do, however, run the Custom Rom's on a seperate device than my every day device and tend to leave the every day one alone with the stock. I have been running custom ROM's since the days when I was tethering an iPAQ and been through most of them, here, in the three years I've been a member. These ladies and gentlemen are extremely talented and conscientious. Apathy and ego are turn-off qualities for a ROM writer to have and these folks, in general, are a great display of empathy and humility. To me, it's amazing how they keep their tongues, sometimes. Just my two cents. Don't post often because no time and I think this is the first time I've ever started a thread. I just thought it was in interesting observation to share!

matt

Dr.8820 01-14-2010 12:38 PM

don't feel bad livejazz, i'm waiting for the official too. to all those doing the custom thing, good for you. no need to thread-jack.

neudof 01-26-2010 12:37 AM

Per Sprints website:

Last updated: Jan 23, 2010

Just like your computer, your phone's software needs to be updated periodically to make sure you have all the latest fixes and enhancements to keep it running at optimal performance. Follow the steps below to check your current version and perform any needed updates.

** NOTE: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
Sprint and HTC are currently developing a release of Windows Mobile 6.5 for the HTC Touch Pro2 that is expected to be available by end of first quarter, 2010. This upgrade will provide updates to the Windows Mobile platform, along with significant enhancements to the Touch Pro2 user interface to allow additional customization/personalization options and more integration with applications users access the most.