PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What is the BEST TP2 Manila 2.1 rom with wm6.5 for Sprint (NO Sense Roms) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104849)

Za33cK 01-05-2010 10:34 PM

What is the BEST TP2 Manila 2.1 rom with wm6.5 for Sprint (NO Sense Roms)

I am just looking for a Touch pro 2 Rom for sprint that has windows mobile 6.5 and the original TF3D2.1 not the 2.1 sense, I have tried alot of roms, but sense isnt quite there yet, and with all the chefs we have i'm sure one day it will no doubt be perfect because they are all genius's, but for now im looking into getting back onto a solid wm6.5 rom with TF3D2.1 for a sprint touch pro 2

Thanks for whoever gives feedback im sure i will try them all out lol

WisdomWolfX 01-05-2010 10:47 PM

Re: What is the BEST TP2 Manila 2.1 rom with wm6.5 for Sprint (NO Sense Roms)

Wait, what? Why would you not like Sense 2.1? I can understand being adverse to 2.5 as it's not meant for our devices and has some bugs as a result, but Sense 2.1 is fine and works very well. As always, my first recommendation is Mighty Mike's latest stable ROM.

1999TL 01-05-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX (Post 1463861)
Wait, what? Why would you not like Sense 2.1? I can understand being adverse to 2.5 as it's not meant for our devices and has some bugs as a result, but Sense 2.1 is fine and works very well. As always, my first recommendation is Mighty Mike's latest stable ROM.

everything he just said.

mulhiny 01-05-2010 11:52 PM

I'm not even sure there is a rom running TF3D2..I think everything now is Sense 2.1 or 2.5

Za33cK 01-05-2010 11:56 PM

well as for sense 2.1 not to sure where you live but im seeing snow everyday, and the snow animation is all choppy, white lines blink on the screen. you can turn the animation off, but then when you want to use "backgrounds for all" to see wallpaper on every tab, it turns the animation right back on, as for ram i heard there is alot more available in cooked roms without the sense version, and there are way more mods for regular manila 2.1..clocks, sliders, ect. that is why i have decided and want to switch over until things have been worked out and more mods have been released

mwalt2 01-06-2010 12:01 AM

The best ROM is the one you build yourself :). It's not hard, especially when you have a great person like Calkulin putting out nice kitchens. I'd bet he has manila 2.1 in there if it's anything like his previous kitchens for other devices.

Za33cK 01-06-2010 12:10 AM

Man believe me if i was half as smart as these people on here id have a million roms to choose from seeing as i spend countless hours on the computer doing sh*t as it is, i've looked into building roms seems way to complicated for me, i just picked up hdwalls the other day and learned how to make fullscreen wallpaper and sliders, i thought i was like one of the smartest people after i got done making a wallpaper lol

damant 01-06-2010 12:11 AM

finallly there's another person alike me :-)
I have the same taste too,...6.5 rom with 2.1 manila :
the key is : SSK kitchen 3.2.1 !

you would cook 6.5 rom with either htc black or original oem manila...then you would get a perfectly fast/smooth running 6.5 with 2.1 manila rom .

I love it ! even tomtom works on this 6.5 rom without lags.

Viper786 01-06-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Za33cK (Post 1464025)
well as for sense 2.1 not to sure where you live but im seeing snow everyday, and the snow animation is all choppy, white lines blink on the screen. you can turn the animation off, but then when you want to use "backgrounds for all" to see wallpaper on every tab, it turns the animation right back on, as for ram i heard there is alot more available in cooked roms without the sense version, and there are way more mods for regular manila 2.1..clocks, sliders, ect. that is why i have decided and want to switch over until things have been worked out and more mods have been released

Man, I hear you about the snow. I live in Michigan too and see Snow almost everyday. My animation isn't choppy at all using MightyROM 1/04 release. If anything, the snow just makes me depressed because it reminds me of the crappy weather outside :cry:

tr0s 01-06-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Za33cK (Post 1464025)

ok i'm on sprint too, and while i am opposed to sense 2.5 i definitely can't say the same for 2.1. i've been running malatesta's 6.5.3 - 2.1 rom and it runs smooth (animations included) however i have also run his 6.5 - 2.1 and it's even better! right now i'm on silence 011 and i'm extremely impressed with this one as well. the key is to run a rom that doesn't run too much in the background. seriously, these two have been amazing and i've pretty much run about every rom for cdma on this site. if you want stability and speed then you're right in the 6.5 part but sense 2.1 is where it's at. :) just my 2 cents