PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Come On Sprint Wheres My Windows Mobile 6.5 Upgrade!!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104718)

Agent0Hibachi 01-05-2010 02:45 AM

Come On Sprint Wheres My Windows Mobile 6.5 Upgrade!!!!!

Ok sooo its the start of the new year, things look to be going pretty well for sprint so what better way then to satisfy all us TPII users then bring out the damn upgrade already! I know they want to make it perfect an test it an re-test it some more but DANG!!! COME ON ALREADY!!! All these great ROM makers an Cab tweekers on this site spit out new upgrades by the minute (THANKS TO ALL YOU PEOPLE BY THE WAY) So whats the deal Sprint?!?!?!?! Sorry everyone for another 6.5 post i just needed to VENT a little because im tired of all this Android crap! TPII has everything! Great screen resolution(Best on the market) full keepboard (10X) better than anyone elses on the market...If were not going to get 100000000000000000000000000000 Apps I at least want my phone to look great an be up to date with some of the other phone companies software! Is that too much to ask?!?!?!

lipidfats 01-05-2010 02:51 AM

Re: Come On Sprint Wheres My Windows Mobile 6.5 Upgrade!!!!!

your 6.5 ROM is waiting for you in the CDMA upgrades section :)
i'd like to see the official one released but i doubt i'd use it. the custom ROMs save so much storage. I had to set up someones stock tp2 recently and after installing stuff that i felt should be on device storage, he was left with crap. On the ROM i'm on with even more junk i've loaded, i still have so much storage left over.

pesok 01-05-2010 02:51 AM

just use custom ROM while waiting, they are the same or even better than official will be i am sure

Agent0Hibachi 01-05-2010 02:55 AM

Ok Thanks you guys. Just wondering Whose custom ROM are you guys using? I read a lot about Mightymikes i believe, Juicy an a few others but i wasnt too sure who to go with. So any help with that will be appreciated as well.

lipidfats 01-05-2010 03:00 AM

Juicy*

nuprotocol 01-05-2010 03:32 AM

mighty! runs better than the current stock sprint rom and you get 6.5

eksasol 01-05-2010 03:38 AM

The current version of MightyRom 1.04.2010 is a vast improvement over previous so I recommend that.

If you want good speed, look at Calkulin rom. Silence Rom is good as well.

SkunkApe 01-05-2010 09:11 AM

MightyRom for sure.

Biggzz 01-05-2010 09:14 AM

Try them all just like the rest of us and get a new addiction! :)

curses 01-05-2010 09:20 AM

The only reason I'm looking forward to the official release of 6.5 is the potential that it may help the chefs here by giving them an even more stable platform from which to start.

In my opinion the custom roms we have now significantly blow the stock roms out of the water, and I have no intention of ever going back.

madcowmilau 01-05-2010 09:29 AM

custom roms are nice and all but i really need my phone 2 b just that A PHONE. I cant be in a meeting and have the thing crash on me, or out with a client and some random error happens. the customs are nice 2 play around with but im finding i have less and less time so im done with custom roms

madcowmilau 01-05-2010 07:01 PM

chatted with sprint through the web a few mins ago and i was told to look out for it this month. (So yeah, maybe ill hold by breath for that 1, lol)

vin255764 01-05-2010 07:09 PM

Yeah,would be nice to get shipped 6.5 with sense 2.5 :D
By the way,JackDillard released Sprint ROM,you dont have to install anything to get MMS or GPS.Just flash and good to go!!!

curses 01-05-2010 07:23 PM

I've been using Silences' roms since version 001 and have had absolutely no issues with stability or anything for that matter. Everything just works for me right out of the box.

jmorton10 01-05-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi (Post 1461730)
Ok Thanks you guys. Just wondering Whose custom ROM are you guys using? .

I have tried a bunch of ROMs but I am running NRG Dusk right now & I absolutely love it.

I was running Mighty at first, but it didn't really thrill me (although it ran well enough) so I switched to Juicy.

Juicy was totally awesome except for one rather serious problem. Even though I stuck with it through 4 updates (including the latest one) I had constant problems with incoming calls failing to ring (a problem an awful lot of other users had too). That unfortunately became a deal breaker for me so I decided to try the NRG Dusk ROM. I had been using the Dusk theme anyway so I figured I would try a ROM with it cooked in.

I'm glad the Dusk ROM was available because I doubt I would have even tried an NRG ROM otherwise. I tried NRG ROMs in my older TPs & never liked them at all really (battery life sucked, NFS wouldn't run etc etc).

This one is totally different however. Absolutely EVERYTHING works perfectly for me now (including the ringer, MMS in HTC messaging etc etc) so I may never flash again at this point..........

~John

djqwikcut 01-05-2010 07:35 PM

is there a custom rom that has all the stuff from TP2 cleanup, the 1% battery driver, the TMOBILE CLOCK and ALL of the SPRINT apps pre-installed and working (NFL, GPS, TV, ETC)... and one that is easy to install?

shawn1774 01-05-2010 07:50 PM

silence rom 011 its fast and stable has no bugs its the best out there

ChrisH09 01-05-2010 07:55 PM

I just hope they get rid of push internet...eats up so much memory...and it's not really needed...They need to make it to where the customer has the ability to unistall or disable programs they don't want. NFL, Nascar, Opera Mobile (contantly running) etc. All that stuff eats up room that could be used for other things. Yes, your going to say use a custom ROM, no thanks...I stick with original...past experiences have been horrible for me on these custom ROM's.

i360 01-05-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curses (Post 1463390)
I've been using Silences' roms since version 001 and have had absolutely no issues with stability or anything for that matter. Everything just works for me right out of the box.

He does make a good rom, i've been running the older 009 for awhile now with no issues.

dakidobf 01-05-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i360 (Post 1463507)
He does make a good rom, i've been running the older 009 for awhile now with no issues.

I agree, I'm on 009 and I love it. Plus he's very responsive to feedback. He said he has a surprise in store for 012 so I'm waiting for that. His ROM is bare bones so you can add the programs you like. Shipped ROMS crash and stuff too, so I don't see a reason to stay away from custom ROMS.

otterit 01-05-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madcowmilau (Post 1461968)
custom roms are nice and all but i really need my phone 2 b just that A PHONE. I cant be in a meeting and have the thing crash on me, or out with a client and some random error happens. the customs are nice 2 play around with but im finding i have less and less time so im done with custom roms

I thought I might be the only person with this opinion. I don't have the time or energy to mess with custom ROMS. I need the phone to work as-is.

cbreze 01-05-2010 09:05 PM

I agree with those saying the custom rom's are as good or better(mostly better). I have the 6.5 verizon oem rom on my imagio and honestly the imagio is basically the tp2 without the slider.
I've had many cooked roms on my tp2, currently running mm"s war, (very nice). My point is the oem release will be a major anticimactical disappointment for anyone who's sampled the cooked goodness already. It's the same thing only loaded with factory verizon crap that needs removing first. Once that's done, it's a great running 6.5 rom, but I can't really say it's any better than most of the chef's works.
So, I'd advise anyone waiting, to forget about it, start sampling the rom smorgasbord and if you must , then when the oem is released try it out, but trust me when I tell you IMHO it will be a bit of a let down. I currently am looking forward to getting the imagio unlocked and start (hopefully) seeing some cooked roms for that device. I love the imagio, but miss the custom roms so I'm basically back and forth alot.

p-slim 01-05-2010 09:16 PM

anybody saying stock roms are better are not correct. If someone wants to make a custom rom and leave everything stock but remove some useless programs then it will work better then the stock rom. The reason custom don't always work that well is because people always want the latest and greatest and sometimes those programs are stable. But to create a stock 6.5 rom with htc sense 2.1 and have it more stable then sprints or verizons rom is extremely easy to do by any chef or anyone using a simple kitchen.

WitnessX 01-06-2010 03:40 PM

Y'know, I tried my lady's Samsung Intrepid with the 6.5, and I gotta say I wasn't crazy about the interface. The Programs menu is a mess when scattered 3 across, and offset. I didn't read into the 6.5 benefits much. Is it really going to make a difference?

subzero1313 01-06-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WitnessX (Post 1465361)
Is it really going to make a difference?

Nope.

And as everyone said, 6.5 ROMs are pretty stable at this point. I know Mighty built his off the USC official 6.5 ROM. Mine works 100% Never crashes, never locks up. Its a thing of beauty.

As for Sprint, they've always said to expect it in January/February.

Agent0Hibachi 01-06-2010 04:32 PM

Ok so when i go to downloading a custom ROM i am doing it from my phone an i get an error message when i try to open it up. I was trying to DL one of MIGHTYs ROMs so do i Sync it or am i doing something wrong?

subzero1313 01-06-2010 04:37 PM

1. connect phone via usb

2. run unlocker(if you havent already

3 dl and run MR from the computer

4 enjoy

amw1972 01-06-2010 04:43 PM

yes...I suggest that you flash your first ROM thru your computer...actually MORE straight forward for the "novice" flasher...

the phone (STOCK) works JUST fine out of the box. For those of you that don't want to or don't have a desire to mess with custom ROMs that's your perogative.

most of the 6.5 ROMs that are out now are extremely stable...and someone already mentioned that a clean 6.5 ROM with the bare basics cooked in is more responsive and light weight than the stock 6.1 that came preloaded on the phone.

For me...I'm one turning into one of those bleeding edge geeker that despite the bugs will rather run a 6.5.X ROM over the 6.5. By the time 6.5 OFFICIALLY hit for Sprint...I suspect I'll be wanting an eary build of WinMo7 (if 6.5.X is not already that.)