PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   what happened to Yahoo/AIM Messenger? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104697)

uaguilar 01-05-2010 12:17 AM

what happened to Yahoo/AIM Messenger?

at the worst time when im trying to communicate with someone who only had yahoo it totally shut down on me and no longer works. even after "rebooting". it now says yahoo is disabled and asks whether or not to enable it? but it wont let me choose yes or no either way. this really messed up my plans today. i wannnnnted to return this phone today.

KillAByteZ 01-05-2010 12:43 AM

Re: what happened to Yahoo/AIM Messenger?

have you ever used YAHOO messenger through opera mini?? ITs pretty fast but it doesnt look so pretty. I've never been able to use the the yahoo mssngr app always get connection errors.

uaguilar 01-05-2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillAByteZ (Post 1461458)
have you ever used YAHOO messenger through opera mini?? ITs pretty fast but it doesnt look so pretty. I've never been able to use the the yahoo mssngr app always get connection errors.

I have opera mini beta 5.. uh.. i didn't know it would work.. too damn late now.. i do get a lot of error messages with the yahoo

rincon1 01-05-2010 03:45 AM

I have Juicy's rom and it seems that he took out the yahoo messenger program.
Can you guys tell me how to get that old program back? or is there another better alternative program that has yahoo messenger?

thanks!

ps: btw, I hate those web-base messenger such as meebo, etc.

CaliBoyPhillip 01-05-2010 04:12 AM

I'm just curious... but does anyone is here ever really considered or even heard of instant messaging programs lol..IM+ you get 7 days free to test out, after that you can by a lifetime code for 39.99$ or you can use Palringo, which is pretty neat for basic users, and there is fring too I believe.

hit thanks if my post helped and feel free to message me.

zangetsu 01-05-2010 04:18 AM

why would i pay to use free messengers? no way

CaliBoyPhillip 01-05-2010 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zangetsu (Post 1461804)
why would i pay to use free messengers? no way

Use Palringo, its free bro.... I believe fring it free too, not sure though never really used it. the one you pay for is IM+ only, its well worth the money i can tell you that =] a lot of neat useful features for hardcore IM'ers. otherwise use palringo or so on, there free.

slr916ek9 01-05-2010 04:40 AM

2 good messengers are palringo and beejive..free to!..i wouldnt pay extra for the features to add my avatar on aim lol..or add emotion smileys or something..

CaliBoyPhillip 01-05-2010 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slr916ek9 (Post 1461826)
2 good messengers are palringo and beejive..free to!..i wouldnt pay extra for the features to add my avatar on aim lol..or add emotion smileys or something..

Hit thanks for you ;) yes and beejive as he said! I knew i was not remembering something... must be since I'm up excited to get my tp2 tomorrow via insurance ahaha, and at that paying extra for avatar feature, pshhh who pays for that?!?! I paid for IM+ mainly push and keep connected via exit and the fact sprint sold it to me for 20$ and then IM+ gave me a IM+ code free =]

slr916ek9 01-05-2010 05:24 AM

hey thanks! yea both very good ones very updated and the skins and everything is almost the same as pc...oh really man you gonna love the tp2 if its your first time having it..and compare from touch pro..screen is huge!! lol