PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint TP2 Paint Flaking off edges (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104185)

vicko5000 01-01-2010 03:44 PM

Sprint TP2 Paint Flaking off edges

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...ko5000/tp2.jpg
anyone else noticing that the grey painted edge (right near the screen) of the Sprint TP2 is very delicate and paint flakes off.. you can see it most blatantly on the top left corner but it has completely peeled off along the left and right sides of the screen.. it comes off fairly neatly most of the time so its hard to notice but as you can see that top left corner is not as neat. heres a pic

Am a brute? (i usually take very good care of my stuff but after dealing with so many replacements i stopped babying the TP1 and thought the TP2 could handle the same abuse).. have others noticed this?

mikee4fun 01-01-2010 03:47 PM

Re: Sprint TP2 Paint Flaking off edges

Yeah, I have the same issue and I have never dropped it or mishandled it. Must be a paint defect.

subzero1313 01-01-2010 03:47 PM

Yep, I noted this about a month ago. Mine is chipping along the right side, right where the screen ends and the case starts. Theres also a decent sized dent in it....but thats my fault :x

Dragon2 01-01-2010 04:26 PM

Glad the tmobile touch pro 2 dont have that chrome paint crap... I remember the tp1 days that happened.... I thought tmobile got the design right when they left out the chrome.... I knew right away seeing the chrome models that the same problem was gonna happen....

Viper786 01-01-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon2 (Post 1453563)
Glad the tmobile touch pro 2 dont have that chrome paint crap... I remember the tp1 days that happened.... I thought tmobile got the design right when they left out the chrome.... I knew right away seeing the chrome models that the same problem was gonna happen....

But... the Tmobile TP2 is brown...

homerandabe69 01-01-2010 05:57 PM

i have the same problem where the stylus is. its probably caused by my finger rubbing on it when i pull out the stylus but who would have thought it would be so fragile?

reyrey127 01-01-2010 06:12 PM

type in ##778 # and what is your manufacturer date...

maybe we can isolate that it is a batch issue!!

ChrisH09 01-01-2010 06:47 PM

Question - Do any of you keep your phone in your pocket? Just wondering...since anything in pockets can damage a phone...(Keys, change etc). Not saying you do...just wondering.

lipidfats 01-01-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyrey127 (Post 1453806)
type in ##778 # and what is your manufacturer date...

maybe we can isolate that it is a batch issue!!

please quit asking everyone for a manufacturers date in every thread you post in... I feel like every thread i visit now has you in it asking for a date. Even for something retarded like someone bricking their phone due to incompetence.

I know you just got your TP2, but you'll find that it doesn't matter. The only major widespread issue is the stuck pixel problem and that was tackled months ago. And, you will find that recently dated TP2s still have the issue. Enjoy your phone and stop worrying about dates...

w7excursion 01-01-2010 07:01 PM

I dont abuse my phone :p .

lipidfats 01-01-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisH09 (Post 1453896)
Question - Do any of you keep your phone in your pocket? Just wondering...since anything in pockets can damage a phone...(Keys, change etc). Not saying you do...just wondering.

i suspect that people with loose buttons/paint chipping handle their phones a little rougher than some of us. i have no scratches, paint chipping or loose buttons and i got mine at launch. Everything is still the same as when i got it, just a greasy screen protector :)

When i put my phone in my pocket, i don't put anything in that pocket except the phone. Putting keys and change? That sounds like a terrible idea.

RChris173 01-01-2010 07:49 PM

I have the same paint issue and the middle buttons were loose too...

reyrey127 01-01-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 1453927)
please quit asking everyone for a manufacturers date in every thread you post in... I feel like every thread i visit now has you in it asking for a date. Even for something retarded like someone bricking their phone due to incompetence.

I know you just got your TP2, but you'll find that it doesn't matter. The only major widespread issue is the stuck pixel problem and that was tackled months ago. And, you will find that recently dated TP2s still have the issue. Enjoy your phone and stop worrying about dates...

but me scurred....:smile:

Viper786 01-01-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 1453944)

When i put my phone in my pocket, i don't put anything in that pocket except the phone. Putting keys and change? That sounds like a terrible idea.

That's what the other pocket is for :P

I always put my phone in my front left pocket with the screen facing my leg and my keys and change go in my right pocket.

iknowsingh 01-01-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper786 (Post 1454132)
That's what the other pocket is for :P

I always put my phone in my front left pocket with the screen facing my leg and my keys and change go in my right pocket.

That's exactly how have mine too haha... got my Sprint TP2 on Oct. 1st... no paint chips, scratches or anything *knocks on wood*

kabuk1 01-01-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

i suspect that people with loose buttons/paint chipping handle their phones a little rougher than some of us. i have no scratches, paint chipping or loose buttons and i got mine at launch. Everything is still the same as when i got it, just a greasy screen protector :)

Me too. Someone else's idea of babying their phone may be vastly different from mine. I baby mine by keeping a snap-on case on it at all times, using a screen protector, and always keeping in in an empty pocket or in my purse. Someone else might 'baby' it by being careful not to drop it from any higher than 3 feet.

My manufacture date is 8-15-09 & I have no paint chips. I almost wish I did though, I want the front bezel to match my dyed black battery cover :S

reyrey127 01-01-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1454148)
Me too. Someone else's idea of babying their phone may be vastly different from mine. I baby mine by keeping a snap-on case on it at all times, using a screen protector, and always keeping in in an empty pocket or in my purse. Someone else might 'baby' it by being careful not to drop it from any higher than 3 feet.

My manufacture date is 8-15-09 & I have no paint chips. I almost wish I did though, I want the front bezel to match my dyed black battery cover :S

dude.. my phone has been in the sprint box until i get a case.. i put cotton balls around it so she can sleep nice in the box... i hope she is comfy in there..

vicko5000 01-01-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

i suspect that people with loose buttons/paint chipping handle their phones a little rougher than some of us. i have no scratches, paint chipping or loose buttons and i got mine at launch.

im not sure if you guys agree but manufacturers cant expect us all to use belt holsters and carry our phones in cases....

i believe the norm is putting the phone in your pocket or purse but I also agree thought that we should not complain if it gets scratched because of keys in the same pocket..

i always put the phone in my pocket and never have keys or change in the same pocket yet still the paint is flaking off.. ive gone as far as helping it out and scraping off the bits that remained on the right and left edge for a clean finish so its not so visible and annoying but i shouldnt have to do that

lipidfats 01-02-2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicko5000 (Post 1454169)
im not sure if you guys agree but manufacturers cant expect us all to use belt holsters and carry our phones in cases....

i believe the norm is putting the phone in your pocket or purse but I also agree thought that we should not complain if it gets scratched because of keys in the same pocket..

i always put the phone in my pocket and never have keys or change in the same pocket yet still the paint is flaking off.. ive gone as far as helping it out and scraping off the bits that remained on the right and left edge for a clean finish so its not so visible and annoying but i shouldnt have to do that

no case or holster here and no paint chipping. If the paint was as weak as it was on the original TP, we would've had threads about it months ago. There would probably be rioting over it since it was such a huge problem with the TP1.

You must be doing something to cause it to chip faster than the rest of us. Are you wearing tinfoil pants?

It took a year for my tp1 to get 1 small chip, so I'm expecting at least 2 years out of the tp2.. considering there are much less complaints about it. By then I'll have a phone comparable to the hd2 tho, so i'm not concerned :)

vicko5000 01-02-2010 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 1455083)
You must be doing something to cause it to chip faster than the rest of us. Are you wearing tinfoil pants?

holy smokes! how did you know?? Me and the other people in this thread who have the problem are all wearing tin foil pants .. LOL

Touch_Pete 01-02-2010 01:19 PM

I'm with Telus and I have taken very good care of my TP2. I can't think of anything I am doing that would have caused the problem but I definitely have the Grey shiny edge around the screen starting to have chips in it. I too wear tinfoil pants but never put my TP2 in my pocket.

XGuard04 01-02-2010 07:43 PM

Nothing wrong with my phone. I keep it in my pocket (with nothing else in that pocket) and no case. Although I am considering getting a case because my phone will probably soon follow with your issue...

slr916ek9 01-03-2010 07:54 AM

just get a case for your belt and everything will be fine..im sure this has to be how you treat your phone..it cant be from where at tear or anything like that..the paint looks to be very thick and even has a clear coat on it..i cant even see it chipping for any reason unless you have hands rough like a gorilla lol..then just buy some GLOVES haha..sorry for the people with this issue

vicko5000 01-03-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slr916ek9 (Post 1457301)
just get a case for your belt and everything will be fine..im sure this has to be how you treat your phone..it cant be from where at tear or anything like that..the paint looks to be very thick and even has a clear coat on it..i cant even see it chipping for any reason unless you have hands rough like a gorilla lol..then just buy some GLOVES haha..sorry for the people with this issue

im not sure all of us agree that the belt holster geek look is the way to go especially if we want to propagate the human race ... and although you claim it cant be from wear and tear because the "paint is thick and even has a clear coat" this many people chiming in saying that they have the problem point more towards there actualy being a problem as opposed to so many of us having "gorilla hands" lol

kid_kris 01-03-2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

I have same problem as OP. I have 3 small paint chips about the size of pin head. I take care of my phone very well. I never take it out of the leather case unless I had to answer my calls.

It must be more than coincidence when most people are having paint issues are having it in the edges next to the region where LCD ends.

slr916ek9 01-03-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicko5000 (Post 1457332)
im not sure all of us agree that the belt holster geek look is the way to go especially if we want to propagate the human race ... and although you claim it cant be from wear and tear because the "paint is thick and even has a clear coat" this many people chiming in saying that they have the problem point more towards there actualy being a problem as opposed to so many of us having "gorilla hands" lol

lol belt holster geek look?...well its just a smarter way of carrying your phone around with you then putting it in your pocket..well im sure its a good way to go! cus i have it like that since i bought mine and no issues with paint chipping YET..explain to me why mines not chipping??? lol :wink:

slr916ek9 01-03-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kid_kris (Post 1457336)
I have same problem as OP. I have 3 small paint chips about the size of pin head. I take care of my phone very well. I never take it out of the leather case unless I had to answer my calls.

It must be more than coincidence when most people are having paint issues are having it in the edges next to the region where LCD ends.

OH YEA! lol and lighten up!.."gorilla hands" meaning rough hands or sand paper meaning wear out the clear coat on the phone..its 2010 take a joke once in a while.............

vicko5000 01-03-2010 02:15 PM

wait.. 2010? i thought it was 2016:drunken:

reyrey127 01-03-2010 03:21 PM

for those having issues having paint problem, how long did you have the phone until you noticed the problem and what is the manuf dates of your phone??

i am worried my phone may have it too...

do you guys use a hard case around it?? do you guys have sweaty palms?? did you guys accidentally spill alcohol on the phone??

thanks

rorytmeadows 01-03-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper786 (Post 1453603)

What's wrong with that? I have no idea why people say the mauve was a bad choice. Even CNET said the color was bad. What are people talking about? I don't need a jet black phone or something outrageously whacky enough for people in a meeting to assume I have a clown phone.

TheBundo 01-07-2010 07:18 AM

I've dropped, dropped-kicked, other otherwise had mine accidently abused so many times I can't count, no protection, not even a screen protector, and so far, only a cracked back cover (I just looked for the paint chipping, none). I guess I need to find one in case it gets worse. Anyone know where to get a Sprint back cover? Maybe I should try the Sprint store first, and before going in, spray pepper spray in my eyes, and they'll have pity and give me one.

slr916ek9 01-07-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 1467405)
I've dropped, dropped-kicked, other otherwise had mine accidently abused so many times I can't count, no protection, not even a screen protector, and so far, only a cracked back cover (I just looked for the paint chipping, none). I guess I need to find one in case it gets worse. Anyone know where to get a Sprint back cover? Maybe I should try the Sprint store first, and before going in, spray pepper spray in my eyes, and they'll have pity and give me one.

try ebay! try to look for a oem last time i looked i seen some..very cheep to..if your talking about the battery cover

Dragon2 01-07-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper786 (Post 1453603)

Only part thats Mocha is the back (even then when do you look at that....... The front screen is all black they keyboard is a black n gray color...........

Id rather full brown phone than have a getto looking phone that looks like its fallen when it hasnt......... You take chips, ill go with the brown......lol

to each their own......