PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   text messages from the future Y2KX issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104114)

BlackDynamite 01-12-2010 10:26 PM

Re: text messages from the future Y2KX issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telek (Post 1483273)
That fix was likely a registry key change - this fix is likely a core DLL or system component binary file change.

You may be correct. But even so, package that sucker up in an RUU and update just that, leaving the rest of the ROM alone...

marinemissez 01-12-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDawg (Post 1483307)
You may be correct. But even so, package that sucker up in an RUU and update just that, leaving the rest of the ROM alone...

That's how I feel. I've been trying to patiently wait, and it's not too annoying right now, but it's annoying to know that they haven't come up with a resolution yet.

Thanks Ziggy for the workaround. Definitely appreciate your work.

mikee4fun 01-12-2010 11:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had to chime in on this. I am using my own cooked rom and never had any of the problems here. The difference perhaps is that I am using the following registry key and no issues with inbound or outbound time stamps for text messages.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\SMS

The dword with RecvTimeStamp is set to 1

I get in bound and sent without any issues.

Registry settings attached

Telek 01-12-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikee4fun (Post 1483461)
I had to chime in on this. I am using my own cooked rom and never had any of the problems here. The difference perhaps is taht I am using the following registry key and no issues with inbound or outbound time stamps for text messages.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\SMS

The dword with RecvTimeStamp is set to 1

I get in bound and sent without any issues.

Registry settings attached

That's exactly the workaround that was already discovered, but thanks anyway :)

The problem that a lot of people have with that is that the recv timestamp is now the arrival timestamp, not the send timestamp. It's nice to know when a message was sent especially if your phone is off or you were out of coverage or for whatever reason the message was delayed.

mikee4fun 01-12-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telek (Post 1483563)
That's exactly the workaround that was already discovered, but thanks anyway :)

The problem that a lot of people have with that is that the recv timestamp is now the arrival timestamp, not the send timestamp. It's nice to know when a message was sent especially if your phone is off or you were out of coverage or for whatever reason the message was delayed.

Ahh, thanks for the insight. I really don't rely on sms messages that bad. Just email. =) In fact I purge my sms inbox every day. =P

psycho_maniac 01-13-2010 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinemissez (Post 1483420)
That's how I feel. I've been trying to patiently wait, and it's not too annoying right now, but it's annoying to know that they haven't come up with a resolution yet.

Thanks Ziggy for the workaround. Definitely appreciate your work.

get it right! Thanks ziggy471!!! "ziggy" is an impostor