PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   No ring when calls come in (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102925)

jmorton10 01-14-2010 09:11 AM

Re: No ring when calls come in

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisH09 (Post 1487315)
Funny, people say these custom ROM's have no issues....I beg the differ...over 50% of people posting in here have isssue with something or other and they have all unlocked and Flashed to a custom ROM...hmm...Stock FTW...

I have no problem with people running the stock ROM if that's what they want, I ran it for a while myself & for prople who don't like tweaking it is certainly the way to go.

Now that I have found a custom setup with NO ISSUES, there is no chance I am ever going back to stock however.

It did take me a while to get to that point, but I actually enjoy the tweaking etc. I got thoroughly bored with the stock ROM by the time the unlocker arrived & never looked back.

~John

leepriestenator 01-14-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1487453)
This has been a constant ongoing problem with Juicy ROMs & caused me to switch also. I went through 4 versions of juicys ROMs & had this problem with every one of them. I see in the Juicy thread people have already reported this problem in R8.

I went to the Dec 17th NRG Dusk ROM because of this & haven't had a problem since (with the exact same cabs I installed in juicys setup).

~John

From my experience with NRGz roms I have to say that I've had the ringer problem on more than one occasion. Of course unlike most people here I use the GSM version of it but I don't think that should be an issue. The only thing I can think of based on what I have read here is Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2u. I'll uninstall it and give it a shot although I must say I've had this issue well before OM Beta 2u came out.

leepriestenator 01-14-2010 10:59 PM

BTW what is it about OM Beta 2u that screws up the ringer?

swak 02-24-2010 04:36 PM

Mine is doing this sometimes with the sprint stock rom. A soft reset after I've missed a call gets the ringer working again. I guess I will try to live with it until 6.5 comes out don't want to do a hard reset. Anyone have an easy fix?

jroyalty7 02-24-2010 07:38 PM

This has been a known issue mostly linked to opera mobile, not sure if thats everyone, definitely been ian issue for me AFTER installing it, ringers work fine->install om10 beta3->ringers corrupted, on the older impact rom from mighty you could go into windows/startup then delete a file called op???.ink and soft reset and ringers would work again, havent figured out what to do on new impact yet to get em working with opera installed in case anyone figuires that one out?