PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone using the SGP Steinheil screen protectors on their Sprint TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprego View Post
SGP has quite an excellent reputation for their Steinheil screen protectors among the iPhone fans. Now they have both of their varieties (crystal and anti-fingerprint) available for the TP2 on all of the carriers.

Is anyone using the SGP crystal or anti-fingerprint? Please post your impressions of the following:

1. Clarity
2. Fit-does it cover the entire screen all the way down to the left and right corners near the buttons?
3. Durability

Remember to state which type of protector you are commenting on.

Thanks!
I have been using the antifingerprint screen, and by far these are the best ones I have seen or used( I have tried 6 different types). They slide motion is fluid with no stickiness on the finger, They application is by far the easiest out there. No bubbles and less than 30 seconds to apply. You do not need any water or tricks to get this done. As with any screen protector , you definitely need to make sure the screen is 100 percent lint free. And the cut is just a touch smaller than the screen . I point out after using and trying many, THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT on this phone. If it is not cut a shade smaller than the screen, the sides or corners will snag easily due to the flush nature of the screen with the casing on the phone. Having the protector just a touch smaller keeps it from doing this . Once you snag a corner or side, the protectors bend and get lint and you will find them bothersome and ugly. The stock screen protector is a perfect example. It is cut perfectly to the screen but the bottom will eventually catch on something because if put on just right , it goes right to the very edge of the screen . As far as the visibility , since it is a matte finish, I definitely turn my backlighting up to make sure it's nice and crisp. It does have somewhat of an antiglare effect, but I would say that in sunlight , it is not quite as
good as a stock protector. I think the difference is minimal, though , and has no downside . These are great protectors. I can also say there is another one very similar at half the price but I was unable to find the link , However, the price on the SGP's is more than reasonable and these should last quite a while. 4.75 stars out of 5 if this were a star rating system.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jdumont is a n00b

Put on my Crystal yesterday and I can also attest to the quality of the protector. No water necessary but i did apply it in the bathroom with the shower on HOT for the steam to knock down any dust. Clean the screen with alcohol wipe and let dry, then wipe with microfiber cloth included with screen protectors.

http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info...roducts_id/988

I was a little pissed off last night because I thought it had a wrinkle and it scratched really easily but then I realized this AM that there was an OUTER layer of protective plastic on the actual screen protector. Once I removed that I realized why they call it crystal...

FANTASTIC PRODUCT, You cannot go wrong. Shipping was very fast also!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:46 PM
grv
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

grv is a n00b

I can also vouch for the crystal version. Scratch resistant, thinner than other protectors so it doesn't feel like there's something in the way. Does not feel sticky or make swiping difficult.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

knives of ice is just getting started

oh my god.... i want to kill myself trying to put these mother****ers on. i'm so pissed right now still. i bought 2 sets and can't get any of them on correctly. i ****ed them up 4 times, and when you try to take a skin off lint gets stuck onto the sticky side of the shield.

any ideas how to get lint/dust off of that sticky side? this is ridiculous. every single time there will be a small piece of lint or dirt and i can't take it and need it to be perfect. its near impossible to get one of those on completely perfect

so now i have 4 shields but can't get one on correctly because each one has small pieces of dust or whatever on the sticky side of the shield. any ideas how to get this off? dropping it in water doesn't work...as much as i try to wipe it off that doesn't work. i'm at a loss and going insane.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
oh my god.... i want to kill myself trying to put these mother****ers on. i'm so pissed right now still. i bought 2 sets and can't get any of them on correctly. i ****ed them up 4 times, and when you try to take a skin off lint gets stuck onto the sticky side of the shield.

any ideas how to get lint/dust off of that sticky side? this is ridiculous. every single time there will be a small piece of lint or dirt and i can't take it and need it to be perfect. its near impossible to get one of those on completely perfect

so now i have 4 shields but can't get one on correctly because each one has small pieces of dust or whatever on the sticky side of the shield. any ideas how to get this off? dropping it in water doesn't work...as much as i try to wipe it off that doesn't work. i'm at a loss and going insane.
try using a piece of clear scotch tape to get the lint or fuzz off. If that does not work, take some liquid dishwashing soap ( like dawn or Joy) and clean it under running water with your fingers , then let air dry(in lint free area) before placing back on,

These are generally about the easiest protectors to put on a TP2 so I am not sure why you are having so much difficulty.They are one of the few that usually go on bubble free on the first application and do not usually require any tricks. If you still have issues, you may try placing a SMALL amount of water on the screen before placing the protector on, but do so at your own risk, There is a very good instruction technique listed somewhere in the TP2 forums on how to do this. Good Luck
Old 03-05-2010, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work

shipping is $2.50ish!

that's a huge discount when the original method cost $22 and change!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

MattTC84 is a n00b

i have armor shield on whole phone and had it done for me for a total cost of 18$ love it have never had any issues at ALL BEEN ON MY TP2 SINCE EARLY NOV.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprego View Post
Well, I broke down and decided to waste another $10+ so I bought the crystal ones. I don't worry about fingerprints too much, and don't want anything but "truelife" on my screen, no frost or stuff. Well it came in and I followed the directions. Looks great, can't even tell it's on there. I did do another screen alignment when I installed it to make sure that it would be as sensitive. Don't notice a thing different, it's like it isn't even there. Thanks for the link...

Old 03-05-2010, 10:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTC84 View Post
i have armor shield on whole phone and had it done for me for a total cost of 18$ love it have never had any issues at ALL BEEN ON MY TP2 SINCE EARLY NOV.
armor shield on the screen doesn't hold a candle to the awesome steinheil screen protectors (I have used both)

~John
Old 03-05-2010, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

BK111968 is just getting started

I'm also using the Crystal Clear ones (tried the anti-fingerprint but didn't like the clarity) and switched over. I've had people pick up my phone just to see it and they can't even tell there is a protector on it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2