PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   2 problems: Gmail has vanished and stock taskbars are persistent. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101870)

krid80 12-15-2009 06:07 PM

2 problems: Gmail has vanished and stock taskbars are persistent.

Ok, so after about 20 hours of searching I give up. I pride myself as a very successful searcher and lurker but I have to post.

I am running MightyRom 12-06-09 with sense 2.1

Today while loading HDwall background cabs, I noticed that my stock junk black top and bottom bars persist.

Also, I just noticed that when I try to access my gmail (setup as imap through standard email) it only goes to outlook and gmail is no where to be found, even though it shows up in the Sense preview.

Any help would be great.... I'm kinda beating my head against the wall.

krid80 12-15-2009 06:51 PM

Re: 2 problems: Gmail has vanished and stock taskbars are persistent.

OK.... so when I try to add my gmail account back in, it says "this email address is already assigned to an account"

yet, I can't access it and it doesn't show up anywhere I can delete it....

interesting!

Burn242 12-16-2009 12:48 AM

I Have this same problem with a setup yahoo mail account. I was using pop access and one day the account disappeared. So I added it again with a different name "it says account already in use if I try the same name". I cant see the account going directly to email, but the account shows up in the titanium email and HTC Sence email tabs. I would like to find a fix for this, have you found anything yet.

krid80 12-16-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burn242 (Post 1416778)
I Have this same problem with a setup yahoo mail account. I was using pop access and one day the account disappeared. So I added it again with a different name "it says account already in use if I try the same name". I cant see the account going directly to email, but the account shows up in the titanium email and HTC Sence email tabs. I would like to find a fix for this, have you found anything yet.

couldn't live without my email on the phone, so I did a hard reset. all is working after the hard reset.

pokerpot 12-16-2009 02:50 PM

Same thing happened to me. Still haven't hard reset.

RED_RAIN 12-17-2009 01:50 AM

You will very likely have to do a hard reset. On these custom roms, run the carrier provisioning right after the hard reset, then setup gmail/email accounts. I have yet to see a way to get rid of these phantom account without hard reset.

mrrogers1 12-17-2009 03:21 AM

Strange.... same thing happened to me 2 days ago. I decided to try out one of Mike's experimental ROM's instead of just hard resetting and setting up on the older rom.

I wish someone could explain what is happening though .

Pegasus"143" 12-17-2009 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrogers1 (Post 1419770)
Strange.... same thing happened to me 2 days ago. I decided to try out one of Mike's experimental ROM's instead of just hard resetting and setting up on the older rom.

I wish someone could explain what is happening though .

If you run provisioning after setting up a email or restore from backup you will have ghost accounts. Aftrer provisioning account will not be visible, After restore account visible but not editable. I hope that Im clear enough.

mrrogers1 12-17-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" (Post 1419813)
If you run provisioning after setting up a email or restore from backup you will have ghost accounts. Aftrer provisioning account will not be visible, After restore account visible but not editable. I hope that Im clear enough.

I didn't re-provision and had my phone setup and running just fine for weeks when this just up and happened. Not huge deal, but just weird. :)

subzero1313 01-24-2010 03:21 PM

I just had the same thing happen with both my Gmails and my pic mail. Tried doing a restore from 5 am today, didnt work. Luckily I keep 2 days of backups, so Im trying 1 from Saturday morning now.