PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sense 2.5 people favorites or home shortcuts cab (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101827)

scheel78 12-15-2009 12:05 PM

Sense 2.5 people favorites or home shortcuts cab

I am feeling generous so I will cab up your favorites in the people tab or the home shortcuts in sense 2.5. This is helpful to quickly restore favorites and shortcuts after a hard reset or new flash. What I need from you is the registry. You need a registry editor for this. I used Total Commander. The registry for favorite people is found in registry\HKCU\Software\HTC\People\ Copy the FavoriteOrder folder to your Storage Card. The registry for home shortcuts is \HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\MANILA\HOME. Copy the home folder to Storage Card. PM me or post your folder in this thread and I'll cab them up for you. After a hard reset or new flash you have to restore your contacts first using what ever program you use to restore contacts(PIM backup, Spb back up, ect.) then install the favorite people cab. Or install all programs then install home shortcuts cab. I am very busy so I can't promise how long I will do this for. This will be on a first come first serve basis.

If you have a program to create cabs you can do this by yourself. I used WinCE CAB Manager which is not free.

If this is helpful to you please hit the thanks button.

thedoc 12-15-2009 01:10 PM

Re: Sense 2.5 people favorites cab

hey thanks ..but microsoft myphone..when it syncs the contacts, it automatically adds the favorites back to the favorite tab

santod 12-15-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheel78 (Post 1414902)
I am feeling generous so I will cab up your favorites in the people tab in sense 2.5. This is helpful to quickly restore favorites after a hard reset or new flash. What I need from you is the registry. You need a registry editor for this. I used Total Commander. The registry is found in registry\HKCU\Software\HTC\People\ Copy the FavoriteOrder folder to your Storage Card. PM me or post your folder in this thread and I'll cab them up for you. After a hard reset or new flash you have to restore your contacts first using what ever program you use to restore contacts(PIM backup, Spb back up, ect.) then install the favorite people cab. I am very busy so I can't promise how long I will do this for. This will be on a first come first serve basis.

If you have a program to create cabs you can do this by yourself. I used WinCE CAB Manager which is not free.

If this is helpful to you please hit the thanks button.

I'm sure many people will appreciate your helpful information! Nice find.
However, I don't recommend people post up files full of contact information. Just my thoughts on it!

scheel78 12-15-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santod (Post 1415073)
I'm sure many people will appreciate your helpful information! Nice find.
However, I don't recommend people post up files full of contact information. Just my thoughts on it!

I don't think the favorites folder shows contact info. You have to have the contacts installed on your phone first then the cab organizes the info on your peoples tab. I opened the cab that I made and I couldn't find any contact info on it.

stevecn70 12-15-2009 02:20 PM

On 2.5 your favorites information is stored in the Contacts Notes field. You can view the Notes field when you look at the contact using the WM contact viewer. When you restore your contacts, they will automatically be favorited based on the information in the Notes field. the only thing you lose is the order (which box you put the favorite in on the people tab)

brownhornet 12-15-2009 02:23 PM

As someone already pointed out my phone does it for you

scheel78 12-15-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevecn70 (Post 1415206)
On 2.5 your favorites information is stored in the Contacts Notes field. You can view the Notes field when you look at the contact using the WM contact viewer. When you restore your contacts, they will automatically be favorited based on the information in the Notes field. the only thing you lose is the order (which box you put the favorite in on the people tab)

I know, the cab will restore them in the right order.

scheel78 12-15-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownhornet (Post 1415211)
As someone already pointed out my phone does it for you

Yes if you use my phone. This is just another option to people who don't use my phone.

2k4mach 12-15-2009 04:14 PM

activesync does it as well, everytime i flash and resync with my laptop my favorites are restored.

stevecn70 12-15-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2k4mach (Post 1415462)
activesync does it as well, everytime i flash and resync with my laptop my favorites are restored.

Any backup program that includes the contact's "Notes" field will work since that is where the info is stored. I don't know of any that don't include that field.