PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: World HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

silentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to silentjoker
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
i dont know, but i can think of a couple reasons it works on the hd2 and not the tp2. 1 reason could be processor. i dont know if youve used that app but trust me its not meant to be that slow, a lack of a snapdragon processor could be 1 reason. another could be that specific client is currently made to work on overseas mms networks since it hasnt officially been ported over yet, or the simple and best answer is that we are all working on a program that was created for another phone and network all together and it will work when htc creates and app for us. you guys are all wasting your time, when htc gives us a new messaging client it might work, but with this current one its not going to happen, feel free to do all your time wasting as it will not work and it doesnt affect me but i thought i would at least try and save you some free time.
well good input but you are wrong. I actually fixed mine today and it works flawlessly with sms and mms now. Verizon! Its not a matter of waiting on another company. Its finding the settings. You were right on one aspect and that is some registry settings were for gsm and needed changed to cdma to work better.

right now im trying to narrow down what exact changes are needed and ill post them. I will reflash and do those changes and make sure they work then you will see.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentjoker View Post
I actually fixed mine today and it works flawlessly with sms and mms now. Verizon! .
Well, post the changes so I can try them myself (I'm on Verizon)

~John
Old 12-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

silentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im trying to find out what one did it there was so many i did.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:21 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
i dont know, but i can think of a couple reasons it works on the hd2 and not the tp2. 1 reason could be processor. i dont know if youve used that app but trust me its not meant to be that slow, a lack of a snapdragon processor could be 1 reason. another could be that specific client is currently made to work on overseas mms networks since it hasnt officially been ported over yet, or the simple and best answer is that we are all working on a program that was created for another phone and network all together and it will work when htc creates and app for us. you guys are all wasting your time, when htc gives us a new messaging client it might work, but with this current one its not going to happen, feel free to do all your time wasting as it will not work and it doesnt affect me but i thought i would at least try and save you some free time.
looking @ your post count n thanks n sign up date, im sure you have done great things or helped out greatly. w/ saying that, there is no need to be a nay-sayer! im sure you been around long enough to see things done that were "impossible", am i right? so honestly anything can be done w/ the right knowledge and time.

yes i believe the lag will never be fixed as we dont have the 'snapdragon' but as far as the 'send and recieve' of mms, i believe can be fixed w/ time an the right settings
Old 12-12-2009, 05:27 PM
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
well good input but you are wrong. I actually fixed mine today and it works flawlessly with sms and mms now. Verizon! Its not a matter of waiting on another company. Its finding the settings. You were right on one aspect and that is some registry settings were for gsm and needed changed to cdma to work better.

right now im trying to narrow down what exact changes are needed and ill post them. I will reflash and do those changes and make sure they work then you will see.
when you say fixed you were able to send n confirm sent threw htc? cause i dont think recieve is that big a problem as in juicy r5 i could recieve and open full pic in htc messsging. all i did 4 that was set my settings in the htc messaging menu to 80, http://mms.sprintpcs.com, 1024kb and wap to none.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:31 PM
HI Fly Guy

when i would try 2 send threw htc messaging it would act like it was trying to send but i think time out but like the 1st post i think that cause the send settings are using gsm not cdma
Old 12-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:

well i hope i'm wrong because htc messaging is a nice add on but honestly i'm pretty sure i'm right. as i was telling the op in another thread i have spent countless hours and sleepless nights trying to figure this out and changing all of the messaging settings. Nothing has worked and i've exhausted all avenues. i'm trying to save you all the headache but i'm almost positive we will have to wait for htc to create this for a cdma product 1st.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD
Carrier: Sprint

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

Quote:
well i hope i'm wrong because htc messaging is a nice add on but honestly i'm pretty sure i'm right. as i was telling the op in another thread i have spent countless hours and sleepless nights trying to figure this out and changing all of the messaging settings. Nothing has worked and i've exhausted all avenues. i'm trying to save you all the headache but i'm almost positive we will have to wait for htc to create this for a cdma product 1st.
Just let thee guys TRY and work it, if they get it working salute if not then ok to bad it sucks...
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 12-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

if u guys can turn you logs on and post what it says might help shed light for you guys also. Turn mms loggin on and clear the logs then try and send and post that log and if u cannot recive clear logs and post the recivece logs.

Is this what you verizon and sprint logs say towards the bottom?

[12/12/2009 17:25:00] CSendRecv::SendMMS: eResponseStatus [4] eResponseStatus [E_RESP_ERR_SENDING_ADDR_UNRESOLVED]

Last edited by silentjoker; 12-12-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T
Threadstarter

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP

will post my logs when I get home...at work and can't post...can however email direct to you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2