PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Stereo headphones without an inline mic still works for calls (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101259)

supergadgetman 12-11-2009 12:25 PM

Stereo headphones without an inline mic still works for calls

Sorry if this has been posted but I just have a quick observation. I picked up a pair of Nike branded Philips in ear bud style stereo headphones. They sound damn good btw. Really good bass response. And they are heavy for such small headphones, but there is no fatigue on my ears since they have built in adjustable over the ear clips. Anyway I was listening to resco radio and a call came in which I answered and the other party was able to hear me. And my TP2 was in a case on my hip. I know these dont have an in-line mic so either the mic on the TP is not deactivated when you plug in stereo headphones or it re-routes the mic to one of the earphones and keeps stereo output if thats even possible. I'm a lil confused here anybody care to chime in?

rainfreak 12-11-2009 12:46 PM

Re: Stereo headphones without an inline mic still works for calls

I know that the TP2 has dual microphones for calls on speakerphone and they may have both been used for your situation. However, I have to think that your voice would have to have been muffled on the call. I have a pair of Bose IE headphoens at home... I'll give it a try tonight and report back what I find.

supergadgetman 12-11-2009 01:34 PM

ok, I just tried something. I plugged a cassette tape adaptor into my TP2 and then put the adaptor into a tape player. I made another call and the other person was able able to hear me fine. I didnt sound muffled. I also asked if they heard an echo or feedback since I was listening to them through some loud speakers and they said no. The only thing I can think is plugging headphones into the TP2 activates the dual noise cancelling mics. Thats the only way I can see the other party not hearing themselves coming through the loudspeakers on my tape player. I'll be curious to know for a fact though.

AZTECHKA 12-11-2009 01:52 PM

This is really strane... I too have the Sprint TP2 and I have the stock rom on it still. If I get a phone call while I am wearing my sony headphones... The caller cannot hear me. I have to unplug the headphones in order for them to hear me.
Hmmmm....
I'll try it with a couple of different headphones tonight too.
p.

supergadgetman 12-11-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldehoyos (Post 1405452)
This is really strane... I too have the Sprint TP2 and I have the stock rom on it still. If I get a phone call while I am wearing my sony headphones... The caller cannot hear me. I have to unplug the headphones in order for them to hear me.
Hmmmm....
I'll try it with a couple of different headphones tonight too.
p.

As soon as I got my TP2 last week as a replacement for my orginal TP bad keyboard I flashed it to mightyrom. I did this before I even activated it so I dont know if this is a special feature of Mike's rom or not. Whatever or however it got on here it is a nice feature to have.

jathomas0910 12-11-2009 04:12 PM

You know I had the same thing with my MyTouch3g, I thought it was crazy that people can still hear me even tho the phone was in my pocket...I am going to try it with my touch pro 2...I use to think the cord picked up my voice some kinda way...idk

briggs 12-11-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supergadgetman (Post 1405402)
ok, I just tried something. I plugged a cassette tape adaptor into my TP2 and then put the adaptor into a tape player. I made another call and the other person was able able to hear me fine. I didnt sound muffled. I also asked if they heard an echo or feedback since I was listening to them through some loud speakers and they said no. The only thing I can think is plugging headphones into the TP2 activates the dual noise cancelling mics. Thats the only way I can see the other party not hearing themselves coming through the loudspeakers on my tape player. I'll be curious to know for a fact though.

works like that with my auxilliary jack in my car too. and yes it does use the dual microphones.

promogoat 12-11-2009 04:41 PM

This works in my car as well, I assume that the phone must have it's mics unblocked, but no one noticed I was listening to them through the stereo.

correct 12-11-2009 04:50 PM

true, i use a pair of sony earbuds, and the person on the other end can hear me loud, and clear. i use these.....

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA280_.jpg

Mojary 12-11-2009 04:58 PM

i found this out yesterday. was listening to music at work and a call came in and in my hurry to mute the ringing, it inadvertantly answered the call. started talking forgetting i was using a pair of regular headphones and the person on the other line was carrying on with the conversation. that was pretty cool.

this may be for another thread...but what i don't like is when a call comes in, it still rings out of the speakerphone instead of the headphone. also, i noticed that when you have you set the phone on vibrate or silent and you plug in headphones to listen to music, the volume on media player is also turned off. when you turn the player's volume up, it also turns on the ringer.