PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Is there any way to completely get rid of touchflo? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101124)

allwires 12-10-2009 04:09 PM

Is there any way to completely get rid of touchflo?

I'm starting to get sick of my laggy ass TP2, having to wait 4-5 seconds just to open up a text message. Is there any way to go back to the regular windows mobile? I've tried disabling touchflo but there are still traces of it left over in some of the graphics.

subzero1313 12-10-2009 04:10 PM

Re: Is there any way to completely get rid of touchflo?

start > settings > today > uncheck TF3D. Only thing I can think of. What do you mean graphics left over?

darren.wlsn1 12-10-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1402776)
start > settings > today > uncheck TF3D. Only thing I can think of. What do you mean graphics left over?

lol, im curious also.

allwires 12-10-2009 04:22 PM

Maybe it is just the newer versions of windows mobile, but when I get a text message, the half rounded square that pops up from the bottom of the screen with the options still looks like it did in touchflo.

imtjnotu 12-10-2009 04:23 PM

subzero said it good....

malibu_23 12-10-2009 04:26 PM

touch flo is essentially just a today screen plugin. so disabling it does it. as far as ram usage, but the graphics a have been incorporated in the OS, so it still windows, just with updated graphics and kinetic scrolling.

darren.wlsn1 12-10-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allwires (Post 1402812)
Maybe it is just the newer versions of windows mobile, but when I get a text message, the half rounded square that pops up from the bottom of the screen with the options still looks like it did in touchflo.

take a screenshot, im still confused.

WisdomWolfX 12-10-2009 04:49 PM

I think he's talking about the notificiation enhancement. If I'm correct that's cooked in and you'd have to find or build a ROM without it to get rid of it.

stevecn70 12-10-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allwires (Post 1402773)
I'm starting to get sick of my laggy ass TP2, having to wait 4-5 seconds just to open up a text message. Is there any way to go back to the regular windows mobile? I've tried disabling touchflo but there are still traces of it left over in some of the graphics.

Just look for a Titanium only rom, there are a few out there. You will still have some HTC programs on there, they aren't "Touchflo", they are just HTC apps to run the fun. Some of those can be removed too in the ROM but some are required for the hardware to work.