PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 03:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For those that watch video's on the TP2

What video converter for you using and what resolution are you using?

I have tried a few video's and it has a good picture but it is lagging. Maybe my video resolution is too high...used 640x320 and others similar to that.
Putting the video on a 8gb sd card. Tell me what your using.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

eksasol is becoming a great contributor
Re: For those that watch video's on the TP2

I configure my own presets to use with WinFF. You may reuse it if you want to. Here's how:

1. Install WinFF (winff.org)

2. Type this into the Explorer address bar: %appdata%\WinFF
(This will let you go to the location where WinFF presets are saved.)

3. Open up "presets.xml" with a text editor.
Below are my presets for the TouchPro2. Paste them after the line <presets> in the xml:

Code:
  <XviDAVIFS>
    <label>XviD TouchPro2 4:3 600x450</label>
    <params>-f avi -r 23.976 -vcodec libxvid -vtag XVID -s 600x450 -aspect 4:3 -maxrate 780kb -b 700kb -qmin 5 -qmax 16 -bufsize 4096 -mbd 2 -bf 2 -flags +4mv -trellis -aic -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -g 300 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ab 112kb -ac 2</params>
    <extension>avi</extension>
    <category>AVI</category>
  </XviDAVIFS>
  <XviDAVIWS>
    <label>XviD TouchPro2 5:3 600x360</label>
    <params>-f avi -r 23.976 -vcodec libxvid -vtag XVID -s 600x360 -aspect 5:3 -maxrate 780k -b 700k -qmin 5 -qmax 16 -bufsize 4096 -mbd 2 -bf 2 -flags +4mv -trellis -aic -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -g 300 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ab 112k -ac 2</params>
    <category>AVI</category>
  </XviDAVIWS>
  <XviDAVIWS>
    <label>XviD TouchPro2 16:9 600x338</label>
    <params>-f avi -r 23.976 -vcodec libxvid -vtag XVID -s 600x338 -aspect 16:9 -maxrate 780k -b 700k -qmin 5 -qmax 16 -bufsize 4096 -mbd 2 -bf 2 -flags +4mv -trellis -aic -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -g 300 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ab 112k -ac 2</params>
    <category>AVI</category>
  </XviDAVIWS>
  <XviDAVIWSAna>
    <label>XviD TouchPro2 Anamorphic 600x256</label>
    <params>-f avi -r 23.976 -croptop 58 -cropbottom 62 -vcodec libxvid -vtag XVID -s 600x256 -aspect 2.35 -maxrate 780kb -b 700kb -qmin 5 -qmax 16 -bufsize 4096 -mbd 2 -bf 2 -flags +4mv -trellis -aic -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -g 300 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ab 112kb -ac 2</params>
    <category>AVI</category>
  </XviDAVIWSAna>
4. Save the modified "presets.xml", when you reopen WinFF you should see the new presets under the AVI category.

*You could also enable 2pass in WinFF for better quality, but longer conversion time.
*5:3 is TouchPro2 screen aspect ratio, so you won't get any black bars.

Last edited by eksasol; 12-08-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: add few more presets
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:51 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Try Super by erightsoft. Converts most anything to most anything else. Easy to use, and it's freeware.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:22 AM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff

Using HTC Touch HD Video Converter v.1.21. No lagging with the converted videos for me. More info here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467112
Old 12-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S
Threadstarter

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tok View Post
Using HTC Touch HD Video Converter v.1.21. No lagging with the converted videos for me. More info here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467112
The link to download the program doesn't work. Do you have another source for it.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

telsea is just getting started

I used Format Factory, which I believe was recommened previously here or on SU. I only used it once for a movie but it was fairly easy to use, I don't remember what size I used, 480x?, sorry... bu there is no lag at all, it's also widescreen not fullscreen.

http://www.formatoz.com/
Old 12-08-2009, 10:46 AM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
The link to download the program doesn't work. Do you have another source for it.
Working fine for me?

http://gm.mainframe.no/stuff/Encoder.rar
Mirror: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-e21b1531.html
Old 12-08-2009, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
What video converter for you using and what resolution are you using?

I have tried a few video's and it has a good picture but it is lagging. Maybe my video resolution is too high...used 640x320 and others similar to that.
Putting the video on a 8gb sd card. Tell me what your using.
I just read on a thread that if you are using custom rom with Sense 2.1 or 2.5 that Sense causes video to lag. I use TCPMP to a video that is pretty smooth on my TP1 and my PC but lags on my TP2. I disabled Sense temporarily and seems to play better. So maybe it isn't your converter in particular unless you are still using stock rom.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

If you just buy Coreplayer you don't need to convert and can play those xvid files you want. The only issue is if you're not using wm6.1 (i.e. 6.5 or newer) you have to turn off manila for the videos to play properly. Personally I'd rather do that than have to reconvert all my videos, I used to have to do that with the ipod touch, drove me crazy.

UPDATE: Someone created a script that closes manila and opens Coreplayer, and when you exit Coreplayer it reopens manila (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=52). You just need mortscript installed for it to work. [You just have to remember to exit coreplayer from "menu > exit" and not the "x" for things to work properly. But IMO this is much more convenient than manually closing manila from settings or having to constantly convert files.]

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!

Last edited by japper88; 12-08-2009 at 02:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:40 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
If you just buy Coreplayer you don't need to convert and can play those xvid files you want. The only issue is if you're not using wm6.1 (i.e. 6.5 or newer) you have to turn off manila for the videos to play properly. Personally I'd rather do that than have to reconvert all my videos, I used to have to do that with the ipod touch, drove me crazy.
+1 no need for all that bs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2