PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   For those that watch video's on the TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100674)

WisdomWolfX 12-08-2009 03:18 PM

Re: For those that watch video's on the TP2

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1396584)
+1 no need for all that bs.

Agreed. Coreplayer is the way to go. I hate having to convert everything to make it work. I'll hopefully get a chance to clean up the script and add a nice icon to it this weekend. Then I'll see if I can get someone to cab it up for easy install.

japper88 12-08-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX (Post 1396700)
Agreed. Coreplayer is the way to go. I hate having to convert everything to make it work. I'll hopefully get a chance to clean up the script and add a nice icon to it this weekend. Then I'll see if I can get someone to cab it up for easy install.

That would be awesome!

KingArthur 12-09-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1396510)
If you just buy Coreplayer you don't need to convert and can play those xvid files you want. The only issue is if you're not using wm6.1 (i.e. 6.5 or newer) you have to turn off manila for the videos to play properly. Personally I'd rather do that than have to reconvert all my videos, I used to have to do that with the ipod touch, drove me crazy.

UPDATE: Someone created a script that closes manila and opens Coreplayer, and when you exit Coreplayer it reopens manila (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=52). You just need mortscript installed for it to work. [You just have to remember to exit coreplayer from "menu > exit" and not the "x" for things to work properly. But IMO this is much more convenient than manually closing manila from settings or having to constantly convert files.]

Ok I tried the converter and it is slower than other converters I've used unless I'm doing something wrong.

Now guys that are using core player...how many movies are you putting on your phones. I have a 8gb card and most my movies are 4.3gb in VOB format.

jmorton10 12-09-2009 09:49 AM

I use CorePlayer (actually I don't right now as I can't use video out) but I use CuCusoft video app to rip DVD movies to h.264 (mp4) files. These files play perfectly & even look good using the video out playing on my 60" Sony TV & on the 7" DVD/NAV screen in my truck.

I have at least 10 movies right now on my 16 gig card.

~John

KingArthur 12-10-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1396510)
If you just buy Coreplayer you don't need to convert and can play those xvid files you want. The only issue is if you're not using wm6.1 (i.e. 6.5 or newer) you have to turn off manila for the videos to play properly. Personally I'd rather do that than have to reconvert all my videos, I used to have to do that with the ipod touch, drove me crazy.

UPDATE: Someone created a script that closes manila and opens Coreplayer, and when you exit Coreplayer it reopens manila (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=52). You just need mortscript installed for it to work. [You just have to remember to exit coreplayer from "menu > exit" and not the "x" for things to work properly. But IMO this is much more convenient than manually closing manila from settings or having to constantly convert files.]

I got coreplayer and I must say it is great. I didn't have to turn off manila for it to play correctly...had no problems at all. For some reason I want it to play full screen the opposite way...just seems like I'm holding the phone upside down, but it works.

If I but the video cord for my phone, will it play the video out using coreplayer?

imtjnotu 12-10-2009 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i use this to encode my videos and it plays them right off album with no lag.....seriously people need to use this more

i360 12-10-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingArthur (Post 1403537)
For some reason I want it to play full screen the opposite way...just seems like I'm holding the phone upside down, but it works.

You can rotate the screen:

Menu>Options>Orientation

CP is working flawless here on .avi files but choked when I tried to watch a WMV file. It may have been the way it was encoded (WMP was worse).

Does anyone have issues with WMV files with CP?
Just wondering, thanks.

KingArthur 12-10-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i360 (Post 1403636)
You can rotate the screen:

Menu>Options>Orientation

Thanks...that worked. I must have missed it.

yearn 12-10-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingArthur (Post 1403537)
I got coreplayer and I must say it is great. I didn't have to turn off manila for it to play correctly...had no problems at all. For some reason I want it to play full screen the opposite way...just seems like I'm holding the phone upside down, but it works.

If I but the video cord for my phone, will it play the video out using coreplayer?

You can go into options on coreplayer and change the orientation from left-handed to right-handed so it dont seem like its upside down

KingArthur 12-10-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1403674)
You can go into options on coreplayer and change the orientation from left-handed to right-handed so it dont seem like its upside down

Thanks