PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   {BiGnAdAd VERIZON MMS Fix Help} Not sure if anyone needs help BUT here it is....... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100004)

jmorton10 12-04-2009 02:41 PM

Re: {BiGnAdAd VERIZON MMS Fix Help} Not sure if anyone needs help BUT here it is.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by bignadad (Post 1386113)
i will definetly agree with you on that. i had a lot of lag in HTC app for sms at first, BUT since i have started flashing Energy ROM it is very speedy. love the interface of the HTC txt too!! would hate to lose it!!

I like the HTC interface too, but the longer you use it the laggier it gets (I don't care what ROM you're using)

If you keep your inbox cleared out, it works great unless you get into a REAL long conversation with one person. If you do that, it gets laggy as hell on ANY 2.5 ROM (including NRG).

~John

bignadad 12-04-2009 03:06 PM

Re: {BiGnAdAd VERIZON MMS Fix Help} Not sure if anyone needs help BUT here it is.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1386246)
I like the HTC interface too, but the longer you use it the laggier it gets (I don't care what ROM you're using)

If you keep your inbox cleared out, it works great unless you get into a REAL long conversation with one person. If you do that, it gets laggy as hell on ANY 2.5 ROM (including NRG).

~John

ahhh, i see.....thats probably why im not seeing a lag. i am usually flashing my phone at least once a week. im sure my messages dont have enough time to build up and slow me down..... im going to test it a little later and try and bog it down........

bsweetness 12-04-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1386085)
Sure you can receive SMS through that POS HTC app, but it makes the system MUCH more enjoyeable to use if you disable it with the zenyee cab.

Got a link to that cab?

bignadad 12-04-2009 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bsweetness (Post 1386374)
Got a link to that cab?

here you go

shmackitup 12-05-2009 12:49 PM

I use the Sprint Arcsoft .cab that's floating around here on my Verizon phone... It's a slightly newer version and seems to run a little smoother. All you have to do is change the server settings to the verizon vtext. Is anyone else doing this? It's probably just me but I like to have the newest versions of software possible..... The different Arcsoft's for the different carriers seem to just be labeled for the carriers by whoever originally posted them with certain settings already pre-configured for that carrier.... I don't believe it really matters which one you install as long as you configure it properly for your carrier.

jmorton10 12-05-2009 01:24 PM

I don't think it makes one iota of difference which version of Arcsoft you run, as long as you input the correct server settings they all do exactly the same thing IMHO.

~John

TdiDave 12-11-2009 09:52 PM

Im getting ready to flash the Energy 21884 rom and wanted to check what the most current method to make the MMS work on Verizon. It seems like you can find 100 different way to fix it but not really sure witch to use with this new rom.

bignadad 12-11-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TdiDave (Post 1406531)
Im getting ready to flash the Energy 21884 rom and wanted to check what the most current method to make the MMS work on Verizon. It seems like you can find 100 different way to fix it but not really sure witch to use with this new rom.

yes i just flashed the 21884 and all i had to do was install the regedit cab
arcsoft is already there.

jmorton10 12-11-2009 10:48 PM

My Verizon solution now is to run the zenyee cab & then install the excellent Vito SMS-Chat. I use that for texting (it is way better than the HTC app IMHO) & then use ArcSoft for MMS.

~John

TdiDave 12-12-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bignadad (Post 1406538)
yes i just flashed the 21884 and all i had to do was install the regedit cab
arcsoft is already there.

I flashed the 21884 and installed that MMS Fix (2.1) (verizon) cab. Cant MMS. Any ideas ?