PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Anyone split the official Sprint ROM? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9802)

EtherealRemnant 10-12-2007 03:47 AM

Anyone split the official Sprint ROM?

I don't want it to overwrite the radio, since I went ahead and put the full Alltel ROM on. Has anyone made a split that just has the Ext ROM and the OS?

utexascg 10-12-2007 07:53 AM

been split several times by several people. you can find all the parts on the ftp

EtherealRemnant 10-14-2007 12:15 AM

I'm not finding it... help?

All I'm finding is the ROM dump, which isn't what I want... I just want an nbh with extended ROM and OS.

I want to have the Alltel radio.

EtherealRemnant 10-14-2007 12:19 AM

And has anyone used dcd's 1.40 (Alltel) radio?

I don't know what happened... but doing a master reset on my Mogul has made the Sprint ROM run faster and my speakerphone is loud as hell now... louder than my Sidekick II was... and I could hear that thing over my DJing...

So yeah, I'm actually happy with Sprint's ROM now and don't want Alltel's.

veronicamays 10-14-2007 12:51 AM

So what exactly did you do?

EtherealRemnant 10-14-2007 01:15 AM

I ran through a full ##786# and cleared my phone's settings in their entirety, including the PST, then I reactivated the phone with ##mymslhere#

Its not for the faint of heart though... I wouldn't really recommend messing with it because if you can't figure out how to get it going again, you'll have to call Sprint and explain to them what you did to deactivate your phone. ;)

I dunno. Could be all in my head. But really, this seems to have fixed all my issues except the RAM issue.

With just HTC Home, Resco Radio, and Opera running, I'm at 3MB free. T_T

betulike2know 10-14-2007 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant (Post 101239)
I don't know what happened... but doing a master reset on my Mogul has made the Sprint ROM run faster and my speakerphone is loud as hell now... louder than my Sidekick II was... and I could hear that thing over my DJing...

So yeah, I'm actually happy with Sprint's ROM now and don't want Alltel's.

My speakerphone is loud ass hell now and I got Imcokeman's Rom on it ... noticed it right after I flashed it the other day ...

jtrag 10-14-2007 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant (Post 101247)
I ran through a full ##786# and cleared my phone's settings in their entirety, including the PST, then I reactivated the phone with ##mymslhere#

Its not for the faint of heart though... I wouldn't really recommend messing with it because if you can't figure out how to get it going again, you'll have to call Sprint and explain to them what you did to deactivate your phone. ;)

I dunno. Could be all in my head. But really, this seems to have fixed all my issues except the RAM issue.

With just HTC Home, Resco Radio, and Opera running, I'm at 3MB free. T_T

3MB free? Sounds like you really do have a RAM issue.

EtherealRemnant 10-14-2007 10:13 PM

Yeah well I'm running Sprint's ROM so its to be expected...

I don't like losing things when running Alltel's ROM though so I'll deal.

But it definitely sucks when you've closed all your programs and find that you're down 10MB from where you were last time you soft reset...

BTW, I split the ROM myself. If anyone wants it, they're welcome to it.

Firon 10-14-2007 11:13 PM

Opera is actually a pretty big RAM whore. It even closes itself after a while because it eats all the system memory.