PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   NZ rom, or some titan with rev a? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9756)

no2chem 10-11-2007 05:18 AM

NZ rom, or some titan with rev a?

I recall reading here somewhere that titans somewhere, new zealand if I recall correctly, have REV A on them, I was wondering if anyone had a copy of their radio rom / what version it was, as putting it on our titans might give us REV A?

no2chem 10-11-2007 05:36 AM

So, apparently it's telecom new zealand that has Rev. A. I searched the ftp but only could find the os rom and extrom, so is it not possible to dump the radio rom at this point? I'm pretty sure pdocread can read the radio rom. TNZ users?

EtherealRemnant 10-11-2007 05:49 AM

I don't think that we can use it. Read this post about someone who flashed a US ROM to their TNZ Titan and didn't remove the radio:

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp...age_no=1#89419

EDIT: Actually, found a thread on here where ImCoKeMaN was helping the guy dump it... but apparently his phone was working, it sounds like he just wanted to keep his standard radio and such.

Someone with a TNZ Titan should definitely dump their radio.

Though I imagine Sprint will be a little bit pissed if we beat them to the punch on Rev A ;)

EDIT2: bradstewart is on TNZ and says he has over 2500 on download tests, which would implicate Rev A. Someone should ask him if he'll dump his radio for us.

B18DelSolT 10-11-2007 07:33 AM

yeah i deffinetly dont wanna wait till 2008 for Rev A

ImCoKeMaN 10-11-2007 07:57 AM

So far there is no way to dump the radio image from a Titan. I have tried to make sure that the TNZ users aren't flashing new radios though so if there does become a way to do soi will definitely grab it and let people have a shot. this isn't like the apache where the radio and bootloader are simply accessible via the pdocread command.

o_O 10-11-2007 09:11 AM

The TNZ ROM was dumped from my Titan, but that was just to help restore another one. Rev A is indeed working here - the radio is 1.47. I'll be happy to give my radio as soon as there's a way to dump it.

no2chem 10-11-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o_O (Post 99990)
The TNZ ROM was dumped from my Titan, but that was just to help restore another one. Rev A is indeed working here - the radio is 1.47. I'll be happy to give my radio as soon as there's a way to dump it.

Do you know if TNZ has released some type of update (or if maybe the techs have an actual backup, I would imagine they would have something to reflash bricked phones.

no2chem 10-11-2007 12:58 PM

actually does anyone with access to the bootloader know if the rbmc command works?

should be something like:

rbmc [FileName [StartAddr [Len]]]

using that you should be able to dump any portion of memory

EtherealRemnant 10-11-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 100100)
Do you know if TNZ has released some type of update (or if maybe the techs have an actual backup, I would imagine they would have something to reflash bricked phones.

Unfortunately, I've searched and searched and I can't find any ROM updates for the TNZ Titan.

Considering that TNZ is much smaller than most other wireless providers, I'd imagine they get ROM updates MUCH slower, if ever.

o_O 10-11-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant (Post 100198)
Unfortunately, I've searched and searched and I can't find any ROM updates for the TNZ Titan.

Considering that TNZ is much smaller than most other wireless providers, I'd imagine they get ROM updates MUCH slower, if ever.

You're exactly right. There was one update released for the Apache in its lifetime; none for the Falcon (Wallaby), etc. The TNZ Titan shipped with WM5 and I was advised by them that there are no plans for a WM6 ROM release. It's frustrating as an end user as they're the only CDMA provider in New Zealand, so it's not I can just cart my Titan off to another company.

It's because of things like this that I resigned from their employ. :p

holo 10-11-2007 10:06 PM

wth.... if TNZ's mogul runs WM5 I imagine it came out before sprint's version? That means radio v1.47 has existed before sprint even released their 6800 - which means it has been available this entire time but sprint did not release it this way and has even pushed back the update - what gives?!

it's not like there aren't other rev a devices on their network either (laptop cards)....

o_O 10-11-2007 11:07 PM

It was officially released 10th September. I don't think that a comparison between TNZ and anyone else holds much weight really, because TNZ are usually pretty slow to adopt new products - just look at the state of their broadband service (unfortunately the monopolistic ISP over the past 15 years).

I believe that the reason the Titan shipped with WM5 is because they don't see it as a worthwhile investment to put together a WM6 ROM. It's pretty disappointing really, given that in less than half an hour I (with a little advice) was able to put together a ROM that works perfectly on this network.

bradstewart 10-11-2007 11:21 PM

WM6 for the TNZ Titan will be released within days including an update to Rev A.

The Titan currently doesn't support Rev A after all. We just get excellent Rev 0 speeds due to Telecoms excellent CDMA coverage here.

At the moment there is no offical TNZ ROM in the wild, but the WM6 one will be posted on their website as soon as it is available.

For what it is worth, TNZ were the first to release AKU2.2 for the Apache if I recall correctly.

holo 10-11-2007 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o_O (Post 100392)
It was officially released 10th September. I don't think that a comparison between TNZ and anyone else holds much weight really, because TNZ are usually pretty slow to adopt new products - just look at the state of their broadband service (unfortunately the monopolistic ISP over the past 15 years).

I believe that the reason the Titan shipped with WM5 is because they don't see it as a worthwhile investment to put together a WM6 ROM. It's pretty disappointing really, given that in less than half an hour I (with a little advice) was able to put together a ROM that works perfectly on this network.

ah yes but you forget about the licensing fees they undoubtedly have to pay for wm6 - wm5 might have been cheaper ;)

that's still pretty unsettling to know there has been a rev a radio update out there for >a month and sprint is pushing back rev a til 2008

no2chem 10-11-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradstewart (Post 100393)
WM6 for the TNZ Titan will be released within days including an update to Rev A.

The Titan currently doesn't support Rev A after all. We just get excellent Rev 0 speeds due to Telecoms excellent CDMA coverage here.

At the moment there is no offical TNZ ROM in the wild, but the WM6 one will be posted on their website as soon as it is available.

For what it is worth, TNZ were the first to release AKU2.2 for the Apache if I recall correctly.

if this is true, then we should be able to extract the radio rom (among other goodies) straight from the signed rom update. good news, hopefully..

EtherealRemnant 10-11-2007 11:55 PM

Can you guys update us when/if that ROM is released?

I don't think it would take much for us to make it work on our phones too, if anything.

B18DelSolT 10-12-2007 04:45 AM

im sure its a lot harder then a lot of people make it seem, it isnt something that easy im sure

EtherealRemnant 10-12-2007 04:49 AM

nah, there's really no reason that it should be that hard. Rev A is Rev A.

stroths 10-12-2007 07:02 AM

Couldn't we just do a full flash using TNZ WM6 update when they release it and then reflash just the OS with the ROM of our choice? That should retain the TNZ radio.

bradstewart 10-12-2007 08:05 AM

Sprint users are going to see a Rev A update shortly before TNZ release their WM6 update.

dcd 10-12-2007 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 100471)
Couldn't we just do a full flash using TNZ WM6 update when they release it and then reflash just the OS with the ROM of our choice? That should retain the TNZ radio.

yeah, but you can also break down the rom and package a new one with just the radio in less time than it would take you to flash the TNZ rom.

EtherealRemnant 10-13-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradstewart (Post 100485)
Sprint users are going to see a Rev A update shortly before TNZ release their WM6 update.

In other words, you're not getting your update until January? Because that's the latest on our end here...

bradstewart 10-13-2007 03:36 AM

No, I have it on good authority, a source connected to Sprint and Microsoft that it is in the next week or so

EtherealRemnant 10-13-2007 04:01 AM

Whaaaaa?!

The 22nd update!?

There's no way... but I'll keep being hopeful. That would ROCK!

wheelsun 10-13-2007 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradstewart (Post 100915)
No, I have it on good authority, a source connected to Sprint and Microsoft that it is in the next week or so

i hope your right

EtherealRemnant 10-13-2007 04:47 AM

I hope so too. That would be incredibly awesome.

But personally, I'm sticking to my guns and saying January for us, November for TNZ.

iizen 10-13-2007 05:19 AM

Sorry to dash you hopes but there isnt a update comming out next week. I work for sprint's adv tech support.. And if the rev A update was comming out next week I would have known about about it a while ago..

gbm85 10-13-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iizen (Post 100932)
Sorry to dash you hopes but there isnt a update comming out next week. I work for sprint's adv tech support.. And if the rev A update was comming out next week I would have known about about it a while ago..

You just joined today, you have two posts, you can't spell "coming," and you expect anyone to believe that you actually work in Sprint's advanced tech support?

holo 10-13-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbm85 (Post 101111)
You just joined today, you have two posts, you can't spell "coming," and you expect anyone to believe that you actually work in Sprint's advanced tech support?

have you ever talked to sprint's advanced tech support? ;)

markgamber 10-13-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbm85 (Post 101111)

LOL...no lie!

I'm pretty convinced no one knows what the hell they're talking about when it comes to the almighty rom update. Double that for anyone who actually works at Sprint. To borrow a quote from Repo Man: "The way I see it, the more you use your cell phone, the less intelligent you are".

ooregulateoo 10-13-2007 10:36 PM

i called sprint yesterday had some trouble shooting for my mogul and they said they were working on the internet and the internet towers so the internet may be slow or out so hopefully its true