PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   I am lost... help please (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92331)

_xv6800 10-24-2009 01:08 PM

I am lost... help please

Okay I followed GaMedic's guide to unlock my vzw xv6800 and using Olipro 2.40 program linked into the thread. I think it was successful.

Tried to use radio 3.35 but it would not install... my radio version currently on the phone is 3.37.78 - so I am not sure I need to change the radio?

So I was able to copy over and install Force's Titan_FDE_004.rar by following instructions..

But I don't think I have gotten 6.5 on there.

I tried downloading RUU_signedBBS23075 and unzipped but don't really know how to proceed from here.

So I am basically lost and would appreciate a little help if at all possible.

I'd like to install one of these nice 6.5 ROMs but don't really know what I am doing - any detailed step by step I can follow?

I have spent a few hours now looking around the board and maybe I am just missing something obvious but I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

Thanks!

p.s. also my wi-fi died on the xv6800 - just doesn't want to connect - when I flip the switch it does nothing - if I go to search for networks it shows the wi-fi arrows for a few seconds but never connects and reports no networks are available. I was able, up to a month or so ago, use the wi-fi w/o problems all the time - is the hardware just failing? any ideas?

drewcam888 10-24-2009 04:24 PM

Re: I am lost... help please

put the 6.5 rom .nbh on a sd card and name it TITAIMG.nbh. Put the phone in bootloader mode and flash away.

_xv6800 10-24-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewcam888 (Post 1261243)
put the 6.5 rom .nbh on a sd card and name it TITAIMG.nbh. Put the phone in bootloader mode and flash away.

okay - I guess this is where I am stuck - I have the 6.5 rom .nbh on my sd card and it is named TITAIMG.nbh...

I put the phone in bootloader mode by doing a reset and holding the power and camera button, right?

then I get the red, green, blue, and white screen;

it says
TITA100 MFG
SPL-2.40.Olipro
CPLD-9
at the top (in the red bar)

and it says Serial at the bottom.

so what do I do now to "flash away"

_xv6800 10-24-2009 07:57 PM

well I went back and re-read and found some other threads that cleared things up and low and behold I was able to flash over the 6.5 I wanted...

not sure if I was having problems doing so from the sd card because it was 8 gb, but I suspect that was the case.

and guess what my wi-fi is working again :D

Thanks PPCGeeks!

drewcam888 10-25-2009 10:17 PM

sd card must be 2gb or lower.

CozBoogie 10-26-2009 01:46 PM

Moved to the general Titan Forum.

late,
Coz