PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Telecom New Zealand Titan WM6 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8004)

bradstewart 09-05-2007 06:15 AM

Telecom New Zealand Titan WM6

Telecom New Zealand have today released the Titan with WM5 on it. They have no plans to release WM6 for it which is cause for disappointment.

I'm getting my Titan in the morning and was hoping to put WM6 on it. I know there are several WM6 ROMs available from HTC. Does anyone know if they would work on the TNZ Titan? Or would they render it inoperable?

Any replies/advice appreciated.

Cheers

shellguy 09-05-2007 07:22 AM

Depends, I know Alltel should be releaseing WM6 this week from what i have heard, but not sure how it would work on yours.

Will

Ahe 09-05-2007 09:56 AM

I think u will get a Country ID Error if put other carrier's ROM in ur TITAN, Unless u CID unlocked ur TITAN. no CID solutions by now.

scottishwarrior 09-05-2007 11:14 AM

Probably would brick it with any of them currently. I know the development team is working on getting a kitchen but have no idea when or if it is going to be possible. If they do, then you should be able to update. Knowing helmi_c's abilities it is a strong possibility that he will be able to make a kitchen, but time will tell. I have an alltel mogul with WM5 and it is quicker and seems to be more stable than my 6700 with the stock rom.

Jay

borealcool 09-05-2007 11:18 AM

Your best bet would be to hassle TNZ. Here in Canada Telus released the Titan with WM5 also and a week after their competition (Bell) released it with WM6, they upgraded it.

bradstewart 09-05-2007 06:12 PM

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will hold off WM6 for the moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by borealcool (Post 82896)
Your best bet would be to hassle TNZ. Here in Canada Telus released the Titan with WM5 also and a week after their competition (Bell) released it with WM6, they upgraded it.

Originally the Titan was going to be released with WM6, then with WM5 and a WM6 CD in the box. Now the WM6 upgrade is in the hands of the product manager, which knowing Telecom means it will probably never happen.

Eagerly awaiting the skilled work of Helmi.

borealcool 09-05-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradstewart (Post 83118)
Originally the Titan was going to be released with WM6, then with WM5 and a WM6 CD in the box. Now the WM6 upgrade is in the hands of the product manager, which knowing Telecom means it will probably never happen.

That really sux and I feel your pain. I hope your product manager gets a clue sooner rather than never. WM6 will allow you to modify your Titan beyond recognition and with the Kaiser files make it so much better. PPCGeeks doesn't lock out non registered users, maybe you should send him a link to this thread.

o0steveo0o 09-22-2007 07:48 PM

tnz titan

Everyone needs to email tnz and hassle them to sort out a wm6 update for us kiwis. tnz are pretty usless when it coms 2 updates so we need to get them onto it asap. other option is 2 wait 4 helmi to crack it, hope he's started working on it. Another matter, has anyone sorted out MMS yet on the titan? I can't find the download I used for my apachie.

bradstewart 09-22-2007 10:03 PM

There is no way to set up MMS on the Telecom NZ Titan. The network profile for the phone makes sure you are sent a text message with a web address in it. There is no way around this.

bradstewart 09-23-2007 05:24 AM

There is no way to set up MMS on the Telecom NZ Titan. The network profile for the phone makes sure you are sent a text message with a web address in it. There is no way around this.