PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   VERY NEW want to be sure I'm ok. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79481)

pyrowaves 08-14-2009 08:32 PM

VERY NEW want to be sure I'm ok.

MAJOR noob here but I think I understand it all. but want to verify if someone is nice enough to help.

-I have done the unlocking(in the rainbow screen it shows SPL-2.40.Olipro
-My radio is 3.42.50
-I have the kitchen program and am going to build OS how I want(never done it before is there anythign I should know?)
- I have verizon, but I have my old HTC 5800, instead of calling after my flash(because I don't have a second phone) can I transfer service to my 5800 and then back to my 6800 and have everything work?

my biggest concern is flashing it and not being able to use it because I can't call verizon.

Thanks. and btw the site is GREAT.

boblpn 08-14-2009 09:38 PM

Re: VERY NEW want to be sure I'm ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrowaves (Post 1102147)
- I have verizon, but I have my old HTC 5800, instead of calling after my flash(because I don't have a second phone) can I transfer service to my 5800 and then back to my 6800 and have everything work?

my biggest concern is flashing it and not being able to use it because I can't call verizon.

Which phone are you wanting to flash your custom kitchen ROM to? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but all you should have to do is call Verizon tech, or the automated system and replace the ESN of the unwanted phone with the desired unit (putting the desired unit into action). If it were me, I would probably call and switch the phones first; that way you know the phone switch worked), then flash the ROM from the kitchen.

In my case with Alltel, while on the phone with tech switching units (with the old phone), the split second, and I do mean the split second, I finished providing the new phone ESN, it disconnected service, and the new phone was active.

pyrowaves 08-14-2009 10:15 PM

I'm going to be reflashing and using the 6800 (titan)

I actually just decided to live on the edge a little and picked a bunch of option in the kitchen and loaded my phone up... it took a while but it worked and my phone works as well. some things seem to be conflicting and I have to much on there because it takes to long to boot up and other things take to long but it makes calls still and I like the setup I just have to do some fine tuning. I'm out of time so I'm going to just take someone else for the night and try again tomorrow.

thanks.. this is going to be sweet when I can get it worked out.

I just have to figure out how to load someone else on to mine.

btonetbone 08-16-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrowaves (Post 1102300)
I'm going to be reflashing and using the 6800 (titan)

I actually just decided to live on the edge a little and picked a bunch of option in the kitchen and loaded my phone up... it took a while but it worked and my phone works as well. some things seem to be conflicting and I have to much on there because it takes to long to boot up and other things take to long but it makes calls still and I like the setup I just have to do some fine tuning. I'm out of time so I'm going to just take someone else for the night and try again tomorrow.

thanks.. this is going to be sweet when I can get it worked out.

I just have to figure out how to load someone else on to mine.

Building your ROM is really not so hard. PPC Kitchen (which I'll assume you're using) has a bunch of good built-in options. Don't select a ton, though, or you'll bog your phone down.

If you need something to get you by for the evening, though, any of the recent ones in the upgrade will get you going - we have all been using the latest leaks from MS that aren't available in PPC Kitchen.

gTen 08-17-2009 12:19 AM

I would first suggest going with one of the precooked roms to get the hang of it and understand a bit. Not to mention the precooked have a lot of the tweaks and are usually optimized.

Once you feel you need a little more customization, thats when you go for the kitchen.

CozBoogie 09-11-2009 05:13 PM

Moved to the general Titan Forum.

late,
Coz