PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   HTC Mogul (6800) to metroPCS? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76974)

AllyOmega 07-29-2009 03:40 PM

HTC Mogul (6800) to metroPCS?

Hey, I wasn't sure where to post this so i decided the general section would be a good place to start. Recently, i was in Venezuela visiting some family, and an aunt gave me an HTC PPC 6800 that she was no longer using. I did some research and saw that it was possible to use the phone with metroPCS. How can I do this? I have relatively good tech smarts, and experience with PSP hacking, as well as iDevice hacking, but none in phone unlocking. Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
AllyO.

boredandtattooed 07-29-2009 04:22 PM

Re: HTC Mogul (6800) to metroPCS?

goto the Metro store and have it flashed with Houdini... we wont help you clone an esn into the system...

after youve been properly flashed.. goto the Titan room, and theres lots of threads with the epst info youll need to get the WEB and MMS to work...

AllyOmega 07-29-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1068141)
goto the Metro store and have it flashed with Houdini... we wont help you clone an esn into the system...

after youve been properly flashed.. goto the Titan room, and theres lots of threads with the epst info youll need to get the WEB and MMS to work...

what exactly is Houdini? is that something i have to download? so, i just have no experience with windows mobile as im more of an apple fan.

boredandtattooed 07-29-2009 04:43 PM

yikes, id keep that Apple fan thing on the DL around here, youll get flamed by alot of people...personally, to each his own..

Houdini, is the program MetroPCS uses to flash your device into their system

AllyOmega 07-29-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1068203)
yikes, id keep that Apple fan thing on the DL around here, youll get flamed by alot of people...personally, to each his own..

Houdini, is the program MetroPCS uses to flash your device into their system

lol, i kind of expected a response like that. so anyways, my first step is to go to a metropcs store? nothing i should do beforehand?

boredandtattooed 07-29-2009 05:27 PM

yeah u have to goto Metro 1st... then come back here.. Metro is gonna tell u its impossible to get MMS and DATA to work, but i PROMISE you, its soooo very possible...

we have tons of Mogul/Diamond/and Touch Pro users on Metro

AllyOmega 07-29-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1068343)
yeah u have to goto Metro 1st... then come back here.. Metro is gonna tell u its impossible to get MMS and DATA to work, but i PROMISE you, its soooo very possible...

we have tons of Mogul/Diamond/and Touch Pro users on Metro

well, guess i'll have to wait till tomorrow then. Ill post back here when i get it activated.

CozBoogie 07-30-2009 03:54 PM

Moved to the Mogul Forum.

late,
Coz

jonb21 07-31-2009 01:13 PM

Re: HTC Mogul (6800) as a modem HELP???

I need to use my phone to act as a modem for my laptop with vista system help?

AllyOmega 08-02-2009 03:55 PM

ok, im back. apparently, its locked to movilnet, the main phone service in Venezuela, so i couldnt activate it with them. the guy got some sort of msid error or something. even if i do a hard reset, it installs some something from movilnet right after setup when i first get the desktop screen. anyway to get around this?