PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How many Titans did you go through? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74772)

cac2us 07-28-2009 07:16 PM

Re: How many Titans did you go through?

Got my first Mogul back in 07 from QWerst, as a replacement for the 6700, that I still have.
Bought a starter kit from QWerst in 08 for a real good deal. ($75.oo USD).
Then came the transition... After a sh~tload of b~tching, I finally got an XV6800 and a POS Q9c. Then after 3 days of that crap, I paid $50.oo upgrade for the VX6900. (Has any one seen the latest deal on this one? $9.99, with 2yr. contract).
Last month I raised enough stink about VZW's new policy regarding the "BAN on QWest ESN's". So I ended up paying $55.oo USD for a brand new XV6800.
So after all this, I currently own all the handsets in my stats.

As far as replacements I have had 1 refurb with QWerst that I still have.

The oldest 6800 has a small lighter spot as usual, But I have dissabled the vibrater function on all of my units.

I am a very heavy power user of these devices.
I would not give up a single one of my 6800's for the TP.
They would have to pry it from cold dead hands!!

tokuzumi 07-29-2009 03:31 PM

I am on my 3rd. First one I bought June 5th of this year, off of craiglist. It locked up so much, I got it replaced with a refurb on June 9th. July 3rd, that phone started dying. Got it replaced on July 10th. This one has keyboard issues (doubles up the e, space bar, a and m sometimes. Has acutally gotten better over the last week.), and right after I got it, I opened up the keyboard slider, and the thing shut off. I had to remove the battery to get it to turn back on. Hasn't happened since the day I got it, however.

Edit: There is a guy on this board who has been through 15....maybe he will chime in

torrielw 07-29-2009 08:24 PM

WOW thought it was just me....glad I'm not alone. This year I have had 6 "refurbs". All of them had keyboard issues and of course the white spot.

cac2us 07-30-2009 12:55 PM

It must be a Sprint thing....:-({|=

Selltech 07-09-2010 12:55 AM

I am on number 5 or 6, cant remember, now in 2 years, and this ones key board is on the fritz....

demonlordoftheround 07-09-2010 04:43 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; AOSP on XDANDROID MSM Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I must have gotten the only good one. Still on numbero uno three years later.

DavidinCT 07-30-2010 04:59 PM

On my 8th now, but, called today Verizon does not have any more...One button stopped working, the are sending me a Touch Pro 2.... how lucky is that ?

I hope I don't have the problems with the TP2 as I have had with my Titan... My Titan days are numbered...