PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul 'skin'/case now available for preordering! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7328)

Destructor 08-27-2007 04:47 PM

Well, I just got my case in today, and I like what I see so far overall.

First off - yes, it does add a slight bit of bulk to the Mogul, and it adds a bit of weight. Is it enough to change my overall opinion of the phone and/or case? Nope.

The cover, for lack of a better term, snaps into place along the edges of both halves of the phone. And if you work at it, yes, the case will cleanly come off if you choose to do so (incase you have to access the battery itself for whatever reason). But it will not come off with normal use.

The case itself is made out of a slightly tacky material, imprinted with the company name on the back. It'll keep it from sliding in your hands somewhat, but won't affect overall use. There's ample cutout space around all the buttons, as well as all the ports. No issues with getting to anything with this case.

What you will notice is how the tabs holding the case to the phone work. Basically you need to apply a noticeable amount of force now to open the keyboard due to the tabs themselves. Can I still do it one handed? Yeah. But you'll have to push harder to do it.

Overall, I think this is a great case for the phone. It protects all the edges and surfaces (short of the screen), and it'll definitely keep the phone body out of trouble if you happen to drop it.

D/\SH 08-27-2007 08:10 PM

great review received my black one today also and same exact review i love it.....just hope the keyboard doesnt get scratched from it being tougher to open

pdappcgeek 08-27-2007 10:48 PM

Changing the batter

I use my second battery religiously... I can't do that with this skin?

I bought the cradle that charges the second battery. This way I never have to charge my phone...I just swap the batteries.

For the people that have already purchased this skin.... would it be practical to cut the skin so that it leaves room to take the battery cover off?

Destructor 08-27-2007 11:31 PM

Not at all practical to cut away the back, as, well, you'd have to cut away pretty much the entire back piece to do it. It might still stay on if you did it, but I can't guarantee it.

Thankfully it's pretty easy to take off. The bottom part is held by 4 clips, and once you get one side off, the rest has just snapped off by then. You'll find it annoying to remove it constantly though.

papped 08-28-2007 01:29 AM

I got the black one really fast (since I preordered asap).

It's awesome. Very thin, works great, lets the phone slide open, covers all the important areas, and it makes the phone look even better imo than without it.

seidioseidio 09-03-2007 11:01 AM

Seidio has released the rubberized case/holster combo for PPC 6800 . we are also shipping the inndock JR that allows you to leave the rubberized case on while docking.

Seidio

fablife 09-03-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seidioseidio (Post 81843)
Seidio has released the rubberized case/holster combo for PPC 6800 . we are also shipping the inndock JR that allows you to leave the rubberized case on while docking.

Seidio

Wow seidio - how about a discount for all current members of PPCGEEKS.com and Free samples for all the mods!

Small price to pay for all your promo post!

borealcool 09-03-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fablife (Post 81853)
Wow seidio - how about a discount for all current members of PPCGEEKS.com

I second that :)

mherald81 09-03-2007 12:18 PM

I got the case and really love it! Thanks Seidio!

dwehking 09-03-2007 04:45 PM

Will the phone with this case installed still fit in the leather case that comes with the phone?