PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   About to Get a Mogul...What Programs Should I Get? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6879)

skinsraj28 08-05-2007 09:07 PM

About to Get a Mogul...What Programs Should I Get?

There seems to be a ton of posters here who know a lot about the Mogul and phones/PDAs in general...so I figured I'd pose the question to you all.

I'd love suggestions for what I should download...so if possible, could you respond with answers to the following questions:

1) What program?
2) What does it do?
3) How do I download and install it? Link to find the download?
4) What, if any, existing program will be unnecessary once I download it? And can that unnecessary program be deleted?

I've never had a PDA, so any and all suggestions are welcome. I'll be using the PDA predominantly for calls, web-surfing, and messaging.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate you taking time out to help me.

daclothe 08-05-2007 10:20 PM

PDANet
Magic Button
CorePlayer
HTC Home plugins
Google Maps
Opera
PHM Regedit
Resco Radio
Windows Live Search
MMS Hack

A google search or a visit to my site should help with the rest of the questons.

Reako10 08-05-2007 10:49 PM

Honestly, just open your specific forum topic, (HTC Titan) and search within the FAQ sections. It will display many items. All you need is the search feature. It is prime knowledge.

Reako

skinsraj28 08-05-2007 11:30 PM

What is PDANet? What does it do?
Same question for PHM Regedit and MMS Hack.

Thanks.

Reako, I just saw that part of the forum...hard to find stuff, though. People are too smart on here. Lot of shit goes over my head. I'm an idiot.

corys00 08-06-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reako10
Honestly, just open your specific forum topic, (HTC Titan) and search within the FAQ sections. It will display many items. All you need is the search feature. It is prime knowledge.

Reako

Quoted for truth.. We all were idiots at one time, just take time to read. Besides, if you come asking for answers to questions already answered, after awhile, people will just start ignoring you...

bubbatex 08-06-2007 05:29 PM

Just keep hanging out at sprintusers - those guys seems to want to answer your questions. But, as you know, I am of the "teach a man to fish..." school.

For example, just Google PDANet and you will learn what it is and what it does. It is just as easy as posting here and asking.

skinsraj28 08-06-2007 05:48 PM

I just read about PDANet...good stuff.

It's not that I don't want to learn things on my own, or that I'm lazy or something...it's just that a lot of stuff goes over my head, and it's much easier interacting directly with other people than trying to read all this technical jargon, ya know what I mean?

And the last thing I want to do is screw up my PDA because I didn't know WTF I was doing.

Deviation 08-06-2007 10:08 PM

Once you get your Mogul, play with it. If you find something that needs improved, search here. Someone is bound to have hacked something up to make it work better.

The first thing you NEED to install is the HTC Home Customizer. By far one of the most useful apps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinsraj28
And the last thing I want to do is screw up my PDA because I didn't know WTF I was doing.

You won't. Unless you're messing with the ROM. I doubt you'll be poking around there. A hard reset will cure most ailments. ;)

daclothe 08-06-2007 11:03 PM

wise words gents

skinsraj28 08-07-2007 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deviation
Once you get your Mogul, play with it. If you find something that needs improved, search here. Someone is bound to have hacked something up to make it work better.

The first thing you NEED to install is the HTC Home Customizer. By far one of the most useful apps.

Is this the same thing you're talking about: howardforums.co m/showthread.php?p=9667485#post9667485

Post #12.

Thanks for your suggestions and advice. I appreciate you taking the time out to help my dumbass.