PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   So does the Telus WM6 has memory leak like the Mogul? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6476)

bitslizer 07-26-2007 06:19 PM

So does the Telus WM6 has memory leak like the Mogul?

Title said it all

rawr 07-26-2007 06:40 PM

which memory leak do you speak of? mine seems fine thus far.

dcd 07-26-2007 07:27 PM

everyone seems to think their mogul has a memory leak because they dont know how to troubleshoot. my mogul is fine and so are friends. theres a memory leak in popular applications like htc home that lead people to beleive their mogul rom has a leak.

if you hard reset your mogul and dont do anything to it, it doesnt leak memory.

edit: ive been using my mogul all day. i have 22mb free.

Ph33zy 07-27-2007 02:00 PM

I sure think that the Mogul has a memory leak. I run the same programs (Pocket Player, Pocket Plus, Palm Threaded, Mail2Web Push Mail) that I ran on my AKU 3.5 6700 and have never seen an issue like this.

I go down to about 10 MB of memory after a couple hours. I have the X-Button installed, and I use Memaid to reclaim RAM and not all of it gets return to me.

It's a real big issue for me.

stroths 07-27-2007 02:17 PM

Memaid has not worked so well for me on the 6800 (v1.73). The 2.0 version might do better, but I haven't tried it. I have found that the freeware version of SKTools Lite does a better job at freeing RAM for me. However, if I run it too many times in a row it sometimes makes the clock in my HTC Home Plug disappear until I reboot.

Ever since I upgraded to the newer ROM, my memory leak issues have virtually disappeared. This may just be due to the fact that I was forced to start fresh and install everything new including the more stable recent version of the HTC Home Plug.

I lose a MB or 2 after after using it for a little while, but that appears to be the glyphcache doing its job.

Ph33zy 07-27-2007 02:46 PM

I am using Memmaid 2.0 but it doesnt seem to reclaim all my memory back. I'm using the latest ROM as well.

Musicman247 07-27-2007 04:29 PM

All the programs written for the 6700 will not work the same on the 6800. They are different architecture, have a different OS, different processors and have different .dlls. Many programs, Apps, and plug-ins will have memory leaks on the Mogul because they were not written for the Mogul or WM6, but the Mogul itself does not have a leak.

jeffH70 07-27-2007 06:53 PM

You won't get all the RAM back due to file.sys and other programs, in particular the email program grows over time and you can not shrink those. Some program will not completely exit as well such as winword or MSN and you need to look for those process in Memmaid (process not program view) to manually kill them.

Jeff