PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Lurker

l2iceboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr
there is a thread discussing this already.
hey, yea sorr yi found it, thanks.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:49 PM
N00b

stevland is a n00b
Wow. So patience works!

After scouring every post on this forum for weeks, I haven't checked in a week or two. Now this!

The ironic thing is that my phone had a serious melt-down about a week ago and I had to do a hard reset. Today I spent about 3 hours restoring all of my software and settings. Wish I had read about this news first.

I'm going to hold tight for a little while and wait for reports on how much better (or worse) this upgrade makes things.

Anyone who had upgraded, please report your findings. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Lurker

docjfnoel is a n00b
I've tried about 10 times to download the update and can't finish each time. File is always corrupted. Any other link to dowload the update please?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Huggybear is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaak
Are there any bluetooth problems with the WM6 upgrade?
Since I upgraded my ROM, I notice that my Bluetooth will spontaneously turn itself off. This will happen during conversation, when I turn the phone off or while it's on and in use in any other fashion. The quality of connection is great for reception in general but I've noticed if the phone is more than 10ft away or when I'm driving, I get static.

Has anyone else had the same problem?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Lurker

Pouper is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevland
Wow. So patience works!

After scouring every post on this forum for weeks, I haven't checked in a week or two. Now this!

The ironic thing is that my phone had a serious melt-down about a week ago and I had to do a hard reset. Today I spent about 3 hours restoring all of my software and settings. Wish I had read about this news first.

I'm going to hold tight for a little while and wait for reports on how much better (or worse) this upgrade makes things.

Anyone who had upgraded, please report your findings. Thanks.
I have really enjoyed the upgrade thus far. It was easy to do (no corrupt file like above poster). I like the look of WM6. I've had zero problems after the upgrade. One note: WM6 does take more RAM to run. Nothing noticable though (approximately 2 MB more). I do not use bluetooth often enough to confirm the previous posters' problem but when I have used bluetooth, i've had no problems.

In my opinion, it's worth the upgrade
Old 08-20-2007, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Reliance

hetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIP
Re: HTC P4000 (Canadian Mogul) WM6 upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fablife
The p4000 was release in Canada by Telus running WM5. HTC has released a ROM upgrade to flash wm5 to wm6. it is located here:

http://www.htcamerica.net/support/p4...downloads.html

Happy Flashing

WHat is the Radio Version of your Phone PLease

Reply as your are the first Downloader of this ROM
Old 05-18-2008, 04:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P4000 (Tytn)

brea243 is a n00b

I have the HTC P4000 and am having all kinds of problems with it, have been wanting to toss it since I purchased it last year. It seems to be so slow, freezes all the time, and rarely to I receive calls. Question is, is this b/c of the settings Telus has installed on the HTC? and if I do unlock the HTC will it still recognize my service provider? Can I still make phone calls and have the added advantage of getting all their crap off my phone?
Old 05-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Lurker

maxpig is a n00b

I noticed I miss phone calls when I'm using data... for some reason it doesn't allow calls to come through if your xing data via 1x. I always turn off data when I'm in 1x area so I can get calls... no-data program will do that for you easily
Old 05-18-2008, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

starmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brea243 View Post
I have the HTC P4000 and am having all kinds of problems with it, have been wanting to toss it since I purchased it last year. It seems to be so slow, freezes all the time, and rarely to I receive calls. Question is, is this b/c of the settings Telus has installed on the HTC? and if I do unlock the HTC will it still recognize my service provider? Can I still make phone calls and have the added advantage of getting all their crap off my phone?
Hey welcome to PPC geeks. Take a look a a few of the treads for the Titan. As it is your phone. There are many new updates that have been modified to work on our Telus p4000, for example GPS and there are also many custom ROMs out there that get rid of all the useless sh** from the manufacturers. If you have any question feel free to PM me, Im in no way a super geek but I have been playing around with ROMs and updates for a while and have run to problems that I have fixed.

Enjoy the forums.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan