PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mail2Web services (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62952)

Tonedabone2196 03-30-2009 11:01 AM

Mail2Web services

Mail2web gonna no longer be free .....NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

I just got a email saying after May 1st, we are all gonna pay! boo-hoo.

Quirk 03-30-2009 11:06 AM

Re: Mail2Web services

well, ****. I've become pretty dependent on mail2web. I wonder how much they are going to be charging.

EDIT: looks like it will be $4.95/month. Time to find another service. I wonder if some of the open source exchange clones allow the same sort of syncing. If not, doesn't google offer it?

weedahoe 03-31-2009 07:13 AM

What exactly do they do? Maybe we can help find comparable software.

Tonedabone2196 03-31-2009 07:39 AM

Mail2web offers free "PUSH" mail to your WM device. Well when May 1st comes along, the service will no longer be free. Get your $5 ready. I'm really bummed about this, my budget is really tight already. It won't break the bank, but looks like I will be without lunch one day per week....lol. Maybe I'll tag this the Mail2web diet!](*,)

weedahoe 03-31-2009 07:45 AM

Well them try Seven.com as they also push mail and I use them for my Hotmail and Gmail accts. You can find it HERE

rell0202 03-31-2009 07:49 AM

ya I had seven and mail2web i have no problem with seven i really dont care there lose because people are not going to pay $5 a month the are kidding there selves.

Table83 03-31-2009 06:59 PM

Don't you guys know that sprint mobile email does free push? I use hotmail. (I know, I know not the greatest, but it pushes faster than even gmail does.) Must admit that I'm really happy with sprints push system, though it's not a perfect system.

weedahoe 04-01-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Table83 (Post 814026)
Don't you guys know that sprint mobile email does free push? I use hotmail. (I know, I know not the greatest, but it pushes faster than even gmail does.) Must admit that I'm really happy with sprints push system, though it's not a perfect system.

Ok, but here is my question, I use Seven because it pushes ALL my mail to ALL my folders and NOT just the Inbox. See I have many folders and each one is for a particular forum or site or company. That way all my mail is organized and I can find things quickly. So if all it is going to do is push mail to my Inbox because it will not sychronize all my other folders then is it useless to me. Which it is still useless because I dont have Sprint.

sanmanc 04-01-2009 10:42 AM

+1 for Seven. I have been using it for about 6 months now and it works great for us.

gnineorknad 04-02-2009 07:24 AM

I love Mail2Web, I have paid for service for years now!

weedahoe 04-02-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnineorknad (Post 818027)
I love Mail2Web, I have paid for service for years now!

Can you please answer my Qs in post 8 then?

kbcherry 04-02-2009 03:28 PM

I got the notice as well. I've been a free service customer for a couple of years now. I tried Seven and I didn't care for it. I not only push my e-mail but I also synch my calendar and contacts. And I am thinking if I am going to pay $5 a month I might as well $9 for a hosted exchange solution. So I will probably look into sherweb and mail2web hosted options.

NinjaMom 04-02-2009 05:03 PM

I can't tell... Does Seven sync your contacts and calendar if you are just one person like mail2web did?

kbcherry 04-02-2009 06:23 PM

Seven very well could synch everything but its another client you have to add, just not as seamless as the full on exchange synch.

NinjaMom 04-02-2009 06:30 PM

But you know... I have come to rely on mail2web and how seamless it was... And now they are charging for it. :(

abuttino 04-03-2009 12:04 AM

I love the service that "DeniaL" on XDA offers. It's cheap, and does everything that Mail2Web wanted 19.95 per month.

NinjaMom 04-03-2009 07:39 AM

Well, honestly I think we can think Microsoft for losing the free mail2web. They seem to be trolling everywhere to find new ways to bleed us dry. Bill Gates has stuff to pay for ya'll.

weedahoe 04-03-2009 07:55 AM

Seven will sync contacts I know but IDK about Calender as I have no use for it.

NinjaMom 04-03-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedahoe (Post 820632)
Seven will sync contacts I know but IDK about Calender as I have no use for it.

Calendar is HUGE for me...

nuguy 04-03-2009 11:31 AM

Yeah it's the push sych for calendar that's most important for me too...

bb2ppc 04-04-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 820841)
Calendar is HUGE for me...

Taking from the website of SEVEN

Welcome to SEVEN's Beta Program!
SEVEN is determined to deliver the best user experience on mobile email, calendar, and contact management.

NinjaMom 04-05-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bb2ppc (Post 823403)
Taking from the website of SEVEN

Welcome to SEVEN's Beta Program!
SEVEN is determined to deliver the best user experience on mobile email, calendar, and contact management.

The thing is that the calendar they are talking about
is a corporate calendar. I am talking about a personal
calendar.

Thanks though.

weedahoe 04-06-2009 11:37 AM

Yeah i was going to come back and post that they do sync calender but IDK which one to answer your Q. I assume since I am pushing web based email that it is the same calender it would sync as well.

But Seven has been having server issues all weekend.

soonerbean 04-06-2009 04:11 PM

I've been using the paid exchange service for Mail2Web for about a year now and I started when it was only 1.99 a month now it's 4.95. The plus side to the paid exchange is the email aggregator it pulls the emails for my other email accounts and even purges that emails inbox so I don't have to clean it out myself. The best part of the email aggregator is when you add an email account to the aggregator you can then use that email address as your primary so no matter who you send an email to it will come from that primary address and not the mail2web address.

DenverDev 04-06-2009 11:32 PM

I am with NinjaMom on this one...Unfortunately I have become way too dependant on the syncing and I can pay for alot of months of Mail2Web for the cost of buying the office suite for my notebook and not having the Email push to my phone....

As a result, I am betting that I will have to suck up the $4.95 for the service....It is alot cheaper than alot of the other options I searched for. Most start for $6.99 or so and go up from there....Most also require at least 3 mailboxes........

When I first started researching the moving to paid, I couldnt find anything to show that is what they were doing until I got my Email.....sure deflated my balloon...

So, for a personal view, I guess they will get hte $4.95 from me...

weedahoe 04-07-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverDev (Post 829735)
I am with NinjaMom on this one...Unfortunately I have become way too dependant on the syncing and I can pay for alot of months of Mail2Web for the cost of buying the office suite for my notebook and not having the Email push to my phone....

As a result, I am betting that I will have to suck up the $4.95 for the service....It is alot cheaper than alot of the other options I searched for. Most start for $6.99 or so and go up from there....Most also require at least 3 mailboxes........

When I first started researching the moving to paid, I couldnt find anything to show that is what they were doing until I got my Email.....sure deflated my balloon...

So, for a personal view, I guess they will get hte $4.95 from me...

So whats wrong with using Seven again which is free?

NinjaMom 04-08-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedahoe (Post 831011)
So whats wrong with using Seven again which is free?

The only calendar I can find that Seven syncs is one on a corporate server
which ny calendar is not on.

Seven beta also makes you pay for internation text messages.

weedahoe 04-08-2009 02:23 PM

Ah, ok. Thats for clearing that for me.