PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Assurion Out of Touch Pros??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59453)

shadow-tech 02-27-2009 09:35 PM

Assurion Out of Touch Pros???

I called and talked to a manager for 20 minutes and they said they have zero Touch Pros left and that "The manufacturer has stopped producing this phone". really? I kept telling here that that cant be possible. but she was really cool and didnt seem like she was lying. So no more Touch Pros? can the Touch Pro2 really be that close to hitting stores? what gives?

racemepls 02-27-2009 09:37 PM

Re: Assurion Out of Touch Pros???

no carrier even anounced that they would use the touch pro 2 yet so i doubt it.

shadow-tech 02-27-2009 09:40 PM

all the alltel locations have sold out their TP's and they have no plans to get more as well.
at least in my area.

There is no way HTC is gonna have no phones on the shelf for that long. They need to have a product out there. im confused by this one.

tbran 02-27-2009 10:37 PM

The TP2 is realistically 6-8 months from seeing a Sprint store. There is no way it has reached EOL this early.

dabackwoodboy 02-27-2009 10:50 PM

i dont see how this could be because we all know that us providers aren't know for getting phones out on time with the rest of the world

shadow-tech 02-27-2009 11:31 PM

just got the [hone with asurion. NO verizon touch pros either! WTF!!

Geekcop 02-27-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow-tech (Post 743620)
I called and talked to a manager for 20 minutes and they said they have zero Touch Pros left and that "The manufacturer has stopped producing this phone". really? I kept telling here that that cant be possible. but she was really cool and didnt seem like she was lying. So no more Touch Pros? can the Touch Pro2 really be that close to hitting stores? what gives?

The highlighted part sounds like bulls**t to me. The TP has not been out all that long, so I can't see where HTC would be dumping it. It's very likely that this person you spoke to does not possess a key to the clue locker. I think we all know that it's the rare cell phone provider employee that really knows what's going on (no offense to any PPCGeeks that do work for providers). This one sounds like she may be pulling this out of her a**.

shadow-tech 02-27-2009 11:43 PM

ive talked to 3 different people now at asurion. all said no verizon and no alltel touchpros at all! I press them and they say they dont have any

demonlordoftheround 02-28-2009 12:01 PM

Maybe they are temporarly out of stock?

snake0721 03-06-2009 12:47 PM

My guess would be they have a big batch of refurbed 6800's, and they just do not want people requesting TP's.

Asuron, Alltel, and Verizon are always flakey on details.