PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Activesync/exchange server password removal (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54478)

senseibryan 01-23-2009 10:06 AM

Activesync/exchange server password removal

Hello everyone,
Before I do a hard reset I have a question for everyone. I work at Xerox and to sync to their exchange network a password program must be added. After 5 minutes the phone goes to this screen that I must type in my password to get access to the phone, very annoying. I can answer a call with the green button, but that is it. I want to get rid of this password option, now that I do not sync up to the exchange server, but i'm not sure how to do it. Anyone else who has tried this with their phone has had to do a hard reset. Does anyone know a way to find this program and remove it? If a hard reset is required, what is the best way to prepare for it?

Help a Noob,
Bryan

Kru83 01-23-2009 10:44 AM

Re: Activesync/exchange server password removal

I have the same problem with my work email, even after i removed my work email, its still enforcing the 5 min password, I hope someone in here know the solution.

JimSmith94 01-23-2009 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can you just go to Start>Settings>Personal>Lock and uncheck "Prompt if device unused for"? If not, install this CAB and change the prompt time to 24 hours.

senseibryan 01-23-2009 07:43 PM

Thanks for the info. I just installed the CAB, now what? I cannot find the Zenyee program to set it to 24 hours. I hope I'm just missing something and not just a super-noob. The question from me is now how do I set the password to not activate for 24 hours? When I do this will it never go to the password screen or will it take 24 hours?
Thanks,
Bryan

JimSmith94 01-26-2009 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senseibryan (Post 662493)
Thanks for the info. I just installed the CAB, now what? I cannot find the Zenyee program to set it to 24 hours. I hope I'm just missing something and not just a super-noob. The question from me is now how do I set the password to not activate for 24 hours? When I do this will it never go to the password screen or will it take 24 hours?
Thanks,
Bryan

It just adds the extra timeout values to the Lock settings. Go into that and you'll see that you can now set it to 24 hours.

senseibryan 01-29-2009 03:15 PM

Got it now, thanks. It works great, thanks again.

Kru83 02-01-2009 10:06 PM

THANKS YOU, ppcgeeks is god sent.

pachock 02-02-2009 08:07 AM

Below are the registry settings to disable the policies pushed by your exchange server:

Here are the registry tweaks:
using a device registry editor (remote, or PHM) modify the following key(s)
The Exchange Security Policy (4131) updates the device policy:
HKLM\Security\Policies\00001023: 0 = Enabled; 1 = Disabled

To change the inactivity timer:
HKLM\Comm\Security\Policy\LASSD\AE\{50C13377-C66D-400C-889E-C316FC4AB374}\
AEFrequencyType: 0 = No inactivity time; 1 = Activity time enable
AEFrequencyValue: = number of minutes before timeout

To change the password strength policy:
HKLM\Comm\Security\Policy\LASSD\LAP\lap_pw\
MinimumPasswordLength: minimum number of characters in password (0 defaults to 1)
PasswordComplexity: 0 = Require Alphanumeric; 1 = Require numeric (PIN); 2 = No restriction

And finally to change the Device wipe settings:
HKLM\Comm\Security\Policy\LASSD\
DeviceWipeThreshold: -1 = disabled; (any positive number) = # failed attempts before device memory gets whacked
CodewordFrequency: # of attempts before a codeword is displayed to prevent accidental device wipe.